Thread: South Africa

South Africa

Went to Africa evening last night that was hosted by a outfitter called "umdende" .
    has anyone used them they were very informative young guys and were offering hunting on fenced farm and a unfenced bio sphere the later appealing to us for an end of season management cull .
    at first glance it did appear to be expensive but when you consider what stalking can cost in this country it may turn out to be ok just waiting to see what sort of inclusive package they can come up with as we don't want any suprises at the end of our stay in south Africa .
    kinda wish I hadn't gone now as it has wet my appetite to stalk some plains game .
    regards
    norma

I was with them in Africa a few weeks ago. I had a great time, and they looked after us very well. They seemed very flexible around what you wanted to do, which meant that we went bush pig shooting and after baboon as well as shooting on their concession. They are not the cheapest but I shot a zebra, wildebeest, 2 warthog and a couple of antelope for around 3500. These were all representative males(whatever that means) We stayed in very good accommodation with all food and drink supplied. If you want more info pm me and I will email some photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdmatch View Post
    I was with them in Africa a few weeks ago. I had a great time, and they looked after us very well. They seemed very flexible around what you wanted to do, which meant that we went bush pig shooting and after baboon as well as shooting on their concession. They are not the cheapest but I shot a zebra, wildebeest, 2 warthog and a couple of antelope for around 3500. These were all representative males(whatever that means) We stayed in very good accommodation with all food and drink supplied. If you want more info pm me and I will email some photos.
    Would you be willing to do a write up with pics?

I for one would find this interesting

We were looking at the bush camps rather than the 5 star manor and culling male and female animals rather than trophy or an all male hunt as we are not going to bring back any trophies at all .
    we are hoping that with flights all in this would be a lot cheaper than 3 k .will wait and see what they come up with !
    Regards Norma

There is a member on here called Munty who has been to SA on a regular basis and has tried all types of options. He may be worth a PM. Clayton will I suspect be able to find a package that suits you however. To be fair I was not bothered about trophies but have gotten a couple of skins being prepared.
    Last edited by Jagdmatch; 18-07-2012 at 20:58.

John at Yorkshire Deer Stalking is arranging an Africa Safari for October 2013 I would see what he has to offer, his European trips seem to have gone very well.

Quote Originally Posted by photopro View Post
    John at Yorkshire Deer Stalking is arranging an Africa Safari for October 2013 I would see what he has to offer, his European trips seem to have gone very well.
    yes saw john was piggin nr to umdemde but alas far too busy in october doggin in birds and partridge days for a holiday for me ,feb to july thats my window

On Tuesday I got back from the Eastern Cape where I had a fantastic weeks hunting with two young Professional Hunters who work out of Port Elizabeth. I am going to do a write-up of my trip as soon as I can find the time but if anyone wants the contact details for Hennie Pretorius and Shane Webb then pm me. During the week I shot a Kudu bull (38 inch), a Waterbuck cow, two Mountain Reedbuck, two Springbok, a Warthog and a Steenbuck. All walk and stalk.

Phil
    Yet another 7mm08 user....