Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: borders gunroom for screw cutting

borders gunroom for screw cutting

borders gunroom for screw cutting? 50+VAT. anyone had a decent job done from there. unproofed, you think it's a fair price? apparently 1.5hrs wait go get it done, sounds about right?

Shaun has screw cut a few rifles for me in the past and done a good job. Has anyone else given you a quote to compare it with?

Dan.

sounds fine too me

Quote Originally Posted by dan85 View Post
    Shaun has screw cut a few rifles for me in the past and done a good job. Has anyone else given you a quote to compare it with?

Dan.

that's good to hear. no not compared prices, just heard nightmare stories of messed up barrels from poor cuts, and didn't want to be a victim.

hotel over the main road does a mean bacon roll as well.
    Could easily kill 1.5hours over coffee and bacon!

Go to Border Barrels at Newcastleton for a quote its not that far from you. Dealt with Bordergunroom once never dealing with them again

Al

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger22 View Post
    Dealt with Bordergunroom once never dealing with them again

Al
    Same with me, tried to sell a couple of old english shotguns to them some years ago, and lets just say that what they were offering to buy them for left me thinking that my guns were a pile of crap even though I knew different. Picked faults on everything. I left feeling embarassed. Sold them a little while later privately for almost twice what they offered. That's on a personal level though, not sure what their screwcutting is like but the price is about right. I paid 50 through Gardeners guns in Longtown a couple of years ago and they did a fantastic job.

50 for a while you wait screwcut is a pretty good price. Also, most other people will insist on proofing, as it's a condition of their insurance.

Can't speak for the quality of the work, I'm sure there are others who will have knowledge.

Done a few for me without a problem, you only have a problem with the lack of proofing if you plan to sell the rifle at a later date....

Tony in Whitburn screwcut a couple of my rifles and did an excellent job.

Would not touch border gunroom with a very very long barge pole, dreadful service from them on more than one occasion.