Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: renewal taking aaaaaaaaaaages

renewal taking aaaaaaaaaaages

my reminder came in 2 months ago , it was filled out and posted back within 36hrs , the FLO visited me nearly 5 weeks ago , and still no ticket in the post

i am out of shotgun cartridges, ive about 12 .22 left , and running low on 234 and 308

would i be out of order to call head office and ask whats going on ?
    my ticket expires first week of august

Send a letter tomorrow requesting a temporary license.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Get on the phone and find out what's the timetable on getting your certificates in hand but your new certificates will not be valid til the old ones run out. The least they can do is tell you if they will arrive on time. If stuck though give me a shout

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    Get on the phone and find out what's the timetable on getting your certificates in hand but your new certificates will not be valid til the old ones run out. The least they can do is tell you if they will arrive on time. If stuck though give me a shout
    thanks mate, maybe its just me worrying over nothing ?

2 months , thats nothing ,, my last one took almost a year and about 20 phone calls .. Aparently west mids have sorted it out a bit now but that was very annoying.

a YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do you hate it when there dragging their feet !

i always make sure my ticket is full before it goes in for anything , last lime norfolk had it for nearly 3 months just for a variation !

Paul I am sure you was not planning to lend him rifle ammo only shotgun cartridges as that would be illegal
    Hants ask you to send in your ticket 12 weeks in advance and are 5 mths behind this month they are looking at Certs that arrived in march, and will not issue temp Certs as they take as long to do as a new fac

Was there not an article in Shooting Times last month (I've cleared mine out despite meaning to keep it) written by BASC.

Points out that if they won"t give you a temporary permit THEY are committing an offence by putting you in a position such that you break the law?

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Paul I am sure you was not planning to lend him rifle ammo only shotgun cartridges as that would be illegal
    Hants ask you to send in your ticket 12 weeks in advance and are 5 mths behind this month they are looking at Certs that arrived in march, and will not issue temp Certs as they take as long to do as a new fac
    Nah, he can load his own with my reloading gear....