renewal taking aaaaaaaaaaages

Scots_stalker

my reminder came in 2 months ago , it was filled out and posted back within 36hrs , the FLO visited me nearly 5 weeks ago , and still no ticket in the post

i am out of shotgun cartridges, ive about 12 .22 left , and running low on 234 and 308

would i be out of order to call head office and ask whats going on ?
my ticket expires first week of august

Get on the phone and find out what's the timetable on getting your certificates in hand but your new certificates will not be valid til the old ones run out. The least they can do is tell you if they will arrive on time. If stuck though give me a shout ;)

Get on the phone and find out what's the timetable on getting your certificates in hand but your new certificates will not be valid til the old ones run out. The least they can do is tell you if they will arrive on time. If stuck though give me a shout ;)

thanks mate, maybe its just me worrying over nothing ?

2 months , thats nothing ,, my last one took almost a year and about 20 phone calls .. Aparently west mids have sorted it out a bit now but that was very annoying.

do you hate it when there dragging their feet !

i always make sure my ticket is full before it goes in for anything , last lime norfolk had it for nearly 3 months just for a variation !

Paul I am sure you was not planning to lend him rifle ammo only shotgun cartridges as that would be illegal :D
Hants ask you to send in your ticket 12 weeks in advance and are 5 mths behind this month they are looking at Certs that arrived in march, and will not issue temp Certs as they take as long to do as a new fac

Was there not an article in Shooting Times last month (I've cleared mine out despite meaning to keep it) written by BASC.

Points out that if they won"t give you a temporary permit THEY are committing an offence by putting you in a position such that you break the law?

Stan

Paul I am sure you was not planning to lend him rifle ammo only shotgun cartridges as that would be illegal :D
Hants ask you to send in your ticket 12 weeks in advance and are 5 mths behind this month they are looking at Certs that arrived in march, and will not issue temp Certs as they take as long to do as a new fac

Nah, he can load his own with my reloading gear....

my reminder came in 2 months ago , it was filled out and posted back within 36hrs , the FLO visited me nearly 5 weeks ago , and still no ticket in the post

i am out of shotgun cartridges, ive about 12 .22 left , and running low on 234 and 308

would i be out of order to call head office and ask whats going on ?
my ticket expires first week of august

Firstly have you had the enquiry officer out for a visit yet ?????

They dont usually look at it until 3 weeks before its due for renewal ,they wont issue a temp certificate either .

You can ask the enquiry officer for your certificate back, i never hand it in until he comes to do his visit ,then you know the jobs started .
After hes been out your talking around 3 week for your new certificate .

2 months , thats nothing ,, my last one took almost a year and about 20 phone calls .. Aparently west mids have sorted it out a bit now but that was very annoying.
I'll be honest
never known west Mids to take more than 3 months and that is with the FEO going on holiday during the renewal
I can only imagine this was in the change over,
and even that was only a phone call to prompt the FEO
who was your FEO at the time??
as I can't believe it took 12months
this is out of interest mind you

Abolutely terrible service, not to gloat but Humberside recently did me a variation in 3 days and last renewal took 3 weeks! It can be done quicker!

West Mercia had my application for coterminus for a tad under 6 MONTHS but after letters to the MP, Chief Constable, FLD, BASC AND SACS I suddenly got their attention and got my certs through.
Once they got going the FEO was terrific and could not have been more efficient. Indeed they both came through some 2 weeks before my SGC lapsed.
Speak to BASC/SACS and get them onto the case. Things will start to happen more quickly.. BUT send letter special delivery requiring a Permit To Hold, back it up with email AND a call so that if you find yourself in illegal possession then BASC etc will have a field day!!!
Good luck.. and the FLD is required to ensure that you remain legal. They have a duty to ensure they prevent your commision of an offence. If they fail then a formal complaint would be appropriate

Fraser

My shot gun cet was in for renewal & they did a teriffic job.
FLO was out on the friday morning but said he would not be able to get the paperwork of to Glasgow till the tuesday as it was a bank holiday.
The new cert arrived the following saturday. Can't do better than that.

But my last firearms cert renewal took about 6 months from posting it off to getting the cert back.
I ended up going to Glasgow & picking it up, that was on the same day it was due to run out.

Get in touch with them.
john

Last edited:
Back