Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Denzel Washington

Denzel Washington

Just to let the forum know what a real American who has $$ does for ordinary people.

On a recent tour of a US rehability centre for injured service personel he was shown a fisher house ( which is a hotel for the injured persons family to stop for free or little cash )

So what does HE do ? Gets out his cheque book and wrights a cheque for the full amount to build another one !!

SHAME on the rest of Hollywood and the top flight football players who spend their cash on their drug or drink habit >

SHAME on the rest of Hollywood and the top flight football players who spend their cash on their drug or drink habit > and shaggin around
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Detracting absolutely nothing from the original post nor the gist of the statement -

Semi web/ urban myth. DW visited BMC ( Brooke Medical Centre ) in Texas in about 2004/05 and did everything as noted - aside from the cheque book bit.

However, he did express profound support for the cause and subsequently made ' the largest ever single donation' the organisation had ever received - amount undisclosed.

Whilst seems to lessen impact of the story, I would put it that the facts do not alter the thrust of the story or the gesture. But the facts strengthen the important parts - which certain elements of the US press tried to downplay when they were criticised for lack of coverage at the time. A bit complex as I understand DW made the donation to help the cause, not for PR.

All due respect to the gentleman.

Not sure Rooney et al would have the danglies to visit Sutton Coldfield or one of Combat Stress's facilities.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Moray, if anything the story adds to the kudos. If he had ostentatiously whipped out his cheque book then one would have to suspect, at least partly, his motives were not entirely altruistic.

To go away, and make a large donation anonymously shows far more class!

And this has to do with stalking ... ?????????

Quote Originally Posted by craigievarkiller View Post
    after reading this Iam too terrified to respond!!!

I met an army musician from the white house military band while on a cross atlantic flight, he told me that Bill Clinton went quietly with no entourage to the unknown warriors tomb in Arlington national cemetery in the night before his inaugauration to pay his respects.
    Makes you wonder.
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarianbrit View Post
    I met an army musician from the white house military band while on a cross atlantic flight, he told me that Bill Clinton went quietly with no entourage to the unknown warriors tomb in Arlington national cemetery in the night before his inaugauration to pay his respects.
    Makes you wonder.
    Martin
    I bet Monica was behind the statue?

Allegedly she said "Last time I vote Democrat. It left a bad taste in my mouth"

Sorry. V old.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Quote Originally Posted by craigievarkiller View Post
    You may not have noticed - General discussion thread.

"General discussion and topics that don't belong elsewhere. No adverts please."

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    What abount Mr Bend it with his squillions ? What does Davey do with them other than keep posh?