Denzel Washington

splash

Just to let the forum know what a real American who has $$ does for ordinary people.

On a recent tour of a US rehability centre for injured service personel he was shown a fisher house ( which is a hotel for the injured persons family to stop for free or little cash )

So what does HE do ? Gets out his cheque book and wrights a cheque for the full amount to build another one !!

SHAME on the rest of Hollywood and the top flight football players who spend their cash on their drug or drink habit >

SHAME on the rest of Hollywood and the top flight football players who spend their cash on their drug or drink habit > and shaggin around

Detracting absolutely nothing from the original post nor the gist of the statement -

Semi web/ urban myth. DW visited BMC ( Brooke Medical Centre ) in Texas in about 2004/05 and did everything as noted - aside from the cheque book bit.

However, he did express profound support for the cause and subsequently made ' the largest ever single donation' the organisation had ever received - amount undisclosed.

Whilst seems to lessen impact of the story, I would put it that the facts do not alter the thrust of the story or the gesture. But the facts strengthen the important parts - which certain elements of the US press tried to downplay when they were criticised for lack of coverage at the time. A bit complex as I understand DW made the donation to help the cause, not for PR.

All due respect to the gentleman.

Not sure Rooney et al would have the danglies to visit Sutton Coldfield or one of Combat Stress's facilities.

Moray, if anything the story adds to the kudos. If he had ostentatiously whipped out his cheque book then one would have to suspect, at least partly, his motives were not entirely altruistic.

To go away, and make a large donation anonymously shows far more class!

I met an army musician from the white house military band while on a cross atlantic flight, he told me that Bill Clinton went quietly with no entourage to the unknown warriors tomb in Arlington national cemetery in the night before his inaugauration to pay his respects.
Makes you wonder.
Martin

I met an army musician from the white house military band while on a cross atlantic flight, he told me that Bill Clinton went quietly with no entourage to the unknown warriors tomb in Arlington national cemetery in the night before his inaugauration to pay his respects.
Makes you wonder.
Martin

I bet Monica was behind the statue?

Allegedly she said "Last time I vote Democrat. It left a bad taste in my mouth"

Sorry. V old.

Within the realms of deer stalking and deer management .. Yes !

You may not have noticed that this forum is entitled "The Stalking Directory".
It is a forum for the discussion of stalking, deer management and stalking related topics.
If you want to have a 'house wives' coffee morning chat to discuss the latest tabloid gossip etc I am sure there are many other forums more suited to that

It is a forum for the discussion of stalking, deer management and stalking related topics.
If you want to have a 'house wives' coffee morning chat to discuss the latest tabloid gossip etc I am sure there are many other forums more suited to that
Bill Clinton & stalking are connected ask Monika.
Thread was already started, so there!!!
Martin

Please be kind enough to point that statement out for all, I could not find it....

I think general discussion is just that. The rest of the stalking topics are covered very well in their own headings. Apart from bullet swaging of course, but you can't have it all:stir::norty:

You weren't forced to open it.

What abount Mr Bend it with his squillions ? What does Davey do with them other than keep posh?

I'm sure some football nut on here will know for sure (are there any?), but one thing I recall is he endowed a football training academy for the youngsters. Cost some £25 million, although I don't know if he stumped up all of it or was simply a major contributor. Does it really matter? You could just as easily ask what Gina Rinehart does with her money .....

For fecksake chill out man, If you don`t want to read it then don`t, but grow up ! 197 posts and now owns the place, jeez you`ll fit in well with the mods.

Where does it fit in with stAlking. Feel good factor. An easy way to part with a lot of money. Seeing the need and doing something about it. Mmmmmmm

And this has to do with stalking ... ?????????

Is that all you think about? This is in the general discussion section! If all anyone was allowed to talk about had to be specifically stalking related this would be a very dull boring and probably extinct forum!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back