Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Bruce Potts?

  1. #1

    Bruce Potts?

    Don't suppose Bruce Potts from Shooting UK is a member on here? I want to pick his brain about a part of the review he did on the Blaser R8.


    Cheers
    Paul

  2. #2
    They get paid well to write good things,it's called back handers
    Last edited by swarovski; 19-07-2012 at 17:44.

  3. #3
    Lol - I was thinking the same thing....

    I hope it's not an opinion you're after as it never be a 100% score!

    His Heym reviews still bug me..

    T

  4. #4
    Its a bit unfair on Bruce ! But he lives in a comercial world and has to balance the truth with what his editor will Print.
    Bad wright up = reduced advertising and lose of cash.
    It's not just bruce but all the magazines no matter what they promote .

  5. #5
    Nahh... he mentions a load using IMR4831 but mentions SC which I can't find. Its a similar load to mine and I was wondering what his cartridge dimentions were.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    They get paid well to write good things,it's called back handlers
    Well, actually, if you want to be accurate the term is called 'back handers' .

    As for Bruce Potts, whether or not that is correct I have no idea, but he is a good and knowledgeable writer

  7. #7
    Unless he has changed a lot then Bruce writes as close to what he actually finds as the editor will accept. He also writes tests on rifle he has purchased himself as I recall. Often these come for F.A. Anderson of East Grinstead as it's local to where he lives. I am assuming he has not moved. A lot of the shooting tests are conducted on a family members farm in Scotland.

    I have not seen or spoken to Bruce personally for a number of years now but I do know him as we were members of the same Pistol & Rifle club for years.

    The reason his write ups tend to follow the type they do I believe is his science/chemistry back ground. You could try e-mialing one of the magazine hew writes for and see if they will pass the enquiry along.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by David TS View Post
    Well, actually, if you want to be accurate the term is called 'back handers' .

    As for Bruce Potts, whether or not that is correct I have no idea, but he is a good and knowledgeable writer
    Yes he seems to be really into wildcats.
    But I wish he would change that hat.
    Martin

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Vipa View Post
    Nahh... he mentions a load using IMR4831 but mentions SC which I can't find. Its a similar load to mine and I was wondering what his cartridge dimentions were.
    Probably meant to write H4831sc

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Unless he has changed a lot then Bruce writes as close to what he actually finds as the editor will accept. He also writes tests on rifle he has purchased himself as I recall. Often these come for F.A. Anderson of East Grinstead as it's local to where he lives. I am assuming he has not moved. A lot of the shooting tests are conducted on a family members farm in Scotland.

    I have not seen or spoken to Bruce personally for a number of years now but I do know him as we were members of the same Pistol & Rifle club for years.

    The reason his write ups tend to follow the type they do I believe is his science/chemistry back ground. You could try e-mialing one of the magazine hew writes for and see if they will pass the enquiry along.

    Brit

    He lives about 500 yards from me and has done for the last 8 years.......(Buck's)......But stalks his family's farms and doesnt do any stalking locally here.
    All i can say that he has helped me immensley and i couldnt fault him.

    Thanks

    Rich
    Last edited by RichardP; 19-07-2012 at 16:11.

Similar Threads

  1. bruce w
    By bruce w in forum Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25-04-2012, 07:51
  2. Bruce potts
    By 6pointer in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 16:47
  3. Finding Bruce Potts
    By Henry Straker in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 26-01-2011, 13:17
  4. Bruce
    By Bruce 0502 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-05-2010, 16:28
  5. Bruce and Pete
    By SWR in forum Jokes & Funnies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-01-2008, 14:22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •