Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: attracting charlie

attracting charlie

is there anything i can put out to attract charlie i thought of tined dog food but am unsure if it will attract them or scare them off ?

your foxes are probably not fussie,but anything even road kill,but put a scent trail so that they walk on to it from any angle.good luck.

Mike Powell, who writes for sporting rifle magazine, recommends dry dog food smeared with some tinned cat food.

fraser

I was just going to say a mate of mine used to chuck dried dog food about on dusk so the crows didnt have it, you never know if your lucky mike may just make a comment for you

+ 1 with big white hunter - unzip a decent sized rabbit or two and if you can, drag them on a bit of string put a large cross on the field to ensure the scent can be picked up from any entry point and place a couple of tethered but unzipped rabbits in the centre and let the breeze do the rest.

you can call them in to the field and it should help keep em interested until a shot presents itself.

Try not to use illumination until your on to a shot for positive ID, if needed, a good pair of binos usually do the trick for locating em, nice and quiet, wind in your face,
    Keep lamps to a minimum and stealth will get em

good luck
    Phil
    Last edited by philip; 18-07-2012 at 21:13.

Try a kebab type set up ie skewered rabbits or a wire cage full of offal heads Ect have used both to good effect from my kitchen window with foxes visiting both day and night .

set up a fast food shop, it works in leicester city
    BARONY TRAINED NINJA

Tin of sardines in oil

Puncture the tin a few times with the nail, then nail the tin to the top side of a fence post so the oil leaks down the post.
    Get setup to ambush the fox, you will know the range to the post - sorted!!

Daz
    "Smoke me a kipper - i'll be back for breakfast"

Boil some horse hoof clipping for a couple of hours, pour it into a demijohn and leave it to go black. Do not spill it on yourself as you won't get it off. A few drops will attract foxes for miles!

Quote Originally Posted by philip View Post
    + 1 with big white hunter - unzip a decent sized rabbit or two and if you can, drag them on a bit of string put a large cross on the field to ensure the scent can be picked up from any entry point and place a couple of tethered but unzipped rabbits in the centre and let the breeze do the rest.

you can call them in to the field and it should help keep em interested until a shot presents itself.

Try not to use illumination until your on to a shot for positive ID, if needed, a good pair of binos usually do the trick for locating em, nice and quiet, wind in your face,
    Keep lamps to a minimum and stealth will get em

good luck
    Phil
    Above advice is what worked for me tonight, zipped a couple of rabbits scented the field and waited a while. Got fed up and thought I'm going for a walk around the ground, came half way back up the field and seen this one just down wind of the rabbits. Taken at roughly 190 yards +/- paced out so don't quote me on it.

Attachment 17630

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under