Thread: Walther GS22 bullpup zeroing issue help required!!

Walther GS22 bullpup zeroing issue help required!!

just fitted a scope to my mates gs22 walther and cannot get it on centre! at 50yards its 6 inches to left even with scope wound right over so going to try and shim it tomorrow, but problem is the best group i've been able to get with it is 4 inch!! i'm using winchester subs does anyone have any suggestions as to more suitable ammo or should i just tell him to trade it in??

Quote Originally Posted by reelme View Post
    just fitted a scope to my mates gs22 walther and cannot get it on centre! at 50yards its 6 inches to left even with scope wound right over so going to try and shim it tomorrow, but problem is the best group i've been able to get with it is 4 inch!! i'm using winchester subs does anyone have any suggestions as to more suitable ammo or should i just tell him to trade it in??
    does the scope mount into grooves cut into the receiver? if so move the mounts away from the ends of the grooves, they often curve slightly and throw the scope to one side or another.my winchester didn't like winchester subs ! try another brand and see how that goes.
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Oops, somehow double posted, see below

Quote Originally Posted by reelme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    does the scope mount into grooves cut into the receiver? if so move the mounts away from the ends of the grooves, they often curve slightly and throw the scope to one side or another.my winchester didn't like winchester subs ! try another brand and see how that goes.

Kenny
    The G22 has a Weaver rail

To the OP, the G22 is pretty accurate, and can shoot sub MOA.

What mounts are you using? Picatinny mounts won't always fit Weaver rails, and the scope may be canted.

Are both mounts fitted with the rail mount screw on the same side?

Is the scope known to be working correctly?
    Last edited by David TS; 19-07-2012 at 07:07.

Have you a moderator fitted? Worth checking everything square on that as well.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Hi,

Is this rifle brand new? Is anything touching the barrel internally and maybe pushing it? I found Eley Subs far superior to Winchester. Although the winchester subs grouped, they were about 7cm off my usual zero with eley subs. That at around 70 yds. But 6" off sounds serious there. I would think twice about shimming the scope - that may cure the symptom and not the cause! Can you try the scope on another rifle? Change the mounts? Good luck

i think David TS may have hit the nail on the head its got pictanny mounts not weaver! i tried it without mod and it still shot rubbish,
    everything suggested above shall be tried again with different ammo i'll try another scope on it aswell! the gun is 2nd hand so maybe had a problem before??
    it had the dot sight on it originally and my mate said he couldn't hit a barn door with that i tried it and i think i could just about hit a sh*thouse door
    thanks for all the advice i'll keep you posted
    thanks again