Non stalking / shooting related threads

Do you feel there are too many non stalking / shooting related threads

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

craigievarkiller

Do you feel that there are (increasingly) too many non stalking or shooting related threads begining to appear onthis forum ?

I did send a pm to Alex about the subject maybe the General should be changed to General deer management that might save all the crap in a stalking section. We would need an are for miscellaneous also

People ask the strangest questions on here that have nothing to do with stalking.

Its like a day time TV chat show some days.

+1

Im just interested to see what the general consensus is.
Sometimes it can be frustrating sifting through the non related stuff to get to decent threads.
The thread titles are also sometime misleading so you open them to find out its got FA to do with stalking or deer management.

Democracy rules tho !

ATB

CVK

What's flyfishing got to do with deer stalking :stir:

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
Henry David Thoreau

The connection between fly fishing and deer stalking is like the difference between deer culling and deer stalking ;)

willie_gunn

What's flyfishing got to do with deer stalking :stir:

I checked with the Admins before I posted that. Also that was to provide members of this forum with a Special offer.

But yes I see you point, so I will keep my offers to myself in the future.

General is general anything in my op it's all getting a bit well elite,anal what ever you want to call it I do try and post in the correct section to avoid moving by admin ,I know it's a deer forum but many folks have other country pursuits to share and keepering tips Ect I don't have time to be on 6 different forums soon as my birds arrive I wont have time to do bugger all except eat and sleep .
regards
norma

I think a 6pointer has it right, have a miscellaneous section. We all share a common interest and often our outdoor interests spill into other areas than stalking but in which we can still help each other out or raise a smile. Tom

I think a 6pointer has it right, have a miscellaneous section. We all share a common interest and often our outdoor interests spill into other areas than stalking but in which we can still help each other out or raise a smile. Tom

Agreed, also it sometimes pays to seek an opinion on non stalking related issues from other Like minded (or not) people...
and how much time do you have to spend sorting through the threads to find something usefull? Not a lot really.

Most forums have an "Off Topic", "Miscellaneous", "General" or some other title for the section containing everything else not specifically covered by one of the other listed sections. I think it would be a shame to exclude this type post, OK sometimes it's a million miles off deer stalking but members don't have to read it - but it's there for those that do. From a commercial viewpoint it still increases the traffic to the site and the time they stay a consideration not to be ignored.

Its a friendly forum - mostly.

I can fully appreciate the views of those wanting to 'cut to the chase', but believe SD would lose a great deal that is hard to quantify if people were or felt constrained to strictly stalking topics. And let's face it there's a good deal of drivel that appears across the threads whether stalking focused or not :D

Unless it is a great hassle for Admin, my preference would be for some form of Social/Other category so that regardless of how well or badly a thread is titled, people have an easy choice as to whether they access/ waste their time ( depending on your point of view ).

Keep it friendly gets my vote.

I do think that there are a lot of poll's on the site that are a waste of time!!
prehaps we should have a poll on if we think the poll's are a waste of time....... or is life to short as it is? to be that bothered :british:

Bob.

I dont see a problem as things are at the moment if the title of the thread doesn,t interest you then dont click on it
if the title is a bit misleading then so what your off it in seconds no big deal .
regards pete

There are enough sections to cover all things stalking related, and "general" to cover other things. It's a little like TV, if you don't like the channel, don't turn it on !!!

Meant to say, to me, the bigger issue, is people who post in the wrong section.

I like reading other types of posts, if i dont like the look of it ( Heading ) i don't open it.

Steve...........

dont be so bloody grumpy you lot

its a general discussion area, says so in the title

If you dont like that are of the site stop reading it!

The busiest section by a very long way on pretty much every other forum I have ever been on whether relating to shooting, stalking, music (yes I am also a musician,) Bands (also a Rush 'uber' fan) etc... is the 'Off Topic' or 'General Chat' section... Forums become social venues and anyone who thinks everything should be kept strictly 'on topic' is, in my very humble opinion, extremely anal and........ a muppet!

There are only so many ways of asking 'is a .243 better than a .308' or 'what's your opinion of the latest Monette Bb Prana' or 'Don't you think Alex Lifeson looked silly in those pants at the gig last week!'

I'm sorry but as I have said before... keep things strictly on topic and the membership will very quickly find somewhere else to spend their time and the forum will quickly wither and die..

Ask yourself this... if you went to the pub every night and you had some bloke who only ever droned on about golf and which club he used for which hole and the variation in consistency between Pro V1s and then took offence everytime you tried to talk about something else... how long would it be before you started avoiding him and then avoiding the pub all together? even if you weer a golf addict yourself it would soon become too much to bear!

What's the busiest section on here? The 'General Discussion' section perhaps? :rolleyes:

Back