Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: House and Firearms Insurance

House and Firearms Insurance

My home insurance is due so I thought I would make sure my firearms are covered whilst in use, under the same policy . Looking through various posts on different forums NFU came up as a good option, so I gave them a ring last week. The nice lady said she would give me a ring back this week to confirm it all. Well she rang today only to tell me they wont insure me because i live in military accommodation!!! In 14 years ive never had a problem with this and to say I was miffed is an understatement... So has anybody got any other suggestions for firearms friendly insurers?

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    I'm with Direct Line, depending on the policy taken, my Firearms are automatically covered under sporting items upto the value (per item) of 2K, nothing needed to be listedas a separate item.

I have also been with Halifax and Tesco while in a Quarter. No problems.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

I used to be insured through Norwich Union and the policy came up on the 28th December every year, a great time, and was a lot of dosh. I went onto the Meerkat site Compare the Market and saved a stack plus I can pay monthly at no extra cost. My firearms have never been an issue and some are quoted individually.

Another vote for direct line very helpful
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

Hiscox - supposedly 'posh', but very straight forward and very good - and came out within a few quid of Tesco etc on last renewal.

Just be braced for the online process asking about Historic Artwork and Wine Collections...

Not sure what position is on Military Accomodation though.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

yep use Direkline as well.

paul
    I have guns because i love shooting, what i hate is red tape and been screwed by a Dishonest Government.

Payment Shield have been fine with me. Never had to make a claim yet though.....

just done directline and the meerkats and a couple of other compare sites. all pretty much the same so ill give a few a ring tomorrow.

No point me trying to insure any wine or port - it doesnt last long enough!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jordang View Post
    My home insurance is due so I thought I would make sure my firearms are covered whilst in use, under the same policy . Looking through various posts on different forums NFU came up as a good option, so I gave them a ring last week. The nice lady said she would give me a ring back this week to confirm it all. Well she rang today only to tell me they wont insure me because i live in military accommodation!!! In 14 years ive never had a problem with this and to say I was miffed is an understatement... So has anybody got any other suggestions for firearms friendly insurers?
    Even worse is trying to get house insurance that includes firearms when your house is a B+B, nobody wants to know, not even NFU.

Has to be done on an independant policy.

I use Unisure and it covers 30k (I don't own much) in the house including the rifles/ shotguns, ammo, equipment including scopes all for 14.95 per month.

edit: Nothing needs to be individually marked on the insurance and its up to a value of 2k per item!

It also covers accidental damage of the above items within the 4 walls
    Last edited by ths84; 21-07-2012 at 07:51.