Thread: Hand made 5 round closed bullet pouch

Hand made 5 round closed bullet pouch

4 x 5 round closed belt pouches in tan coloured veg-tanned throughdyed bridle leather with yellow stitching. Closed pouch suitable for; .243,.308, 7x57 or similar length round. Will fit belt width 11/2– 2 inches.

£45 +£3P&P each

PM if interested.

Thanks for Looking

Jason.

Note:
    All items are made from traditional vegetable-tanned leathersand are hand stitched using waxed linen thread. Each stitch is a half-hitch sois far stronger than anything a machine can make. All edges have been hand burnished and dyed,all fittings are solid brass. Vegetable tanned leather will ‘age’ with time andshould be treated periodically with a leather balsam such as Renapur (www.renapur.com).
    Attachment 17650

Bump to the top.

Interested in any feedback people have i.e. are they too expensive, design is not quite right, like but would prefer in a different colour, like but would like a matching bolt sheath as well etc.

ATB Jason.

Jason, it doesn't look like there's anything that would stop a round from dropping straight through one of the loops if it's a bit loose. Otherwise, the quality seems great, and the brass studs are a nice design touch rather than pressure studs.

Thanks for the feedback Pine Marten

The round holders are wet moulded similar to a hand made knife sheaths therefore you get an excellent fit, avoiding the rounds dropping through.

Brass studs come from designs used in Africa where by you want realtivley quick access to rounds where as the pressure studs can be a bit stiff and occasionally rattle.

ATB

Jason.

Established Poster Muddy Springer's Avatar
    Bit pricey for me, and looks a little tricky to open, a 10 round leather, elasticated bullet holders, single pop stud easy access, never had an issue with it for the last 10 years, and still available at only £20. Fabric ones are just as good and only £7

Hello Jason.

Your PM inbox is full. Just wanted to ask how my stuff is coming along.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Springer View Post
    Bit pricey for me, and looks a little tricky to open, a 10 round leather, elasticated bullet holders, single pop stud easy access, never had an issue with it for the last 10 years, and still available at only £20. Fabric ones are just as good and only £7
    That's subjective. I personally think leather ones are far better than fabric.

I’ve just received the matching ammunition holder and bolt holster that I ordered from Jason and John and they are absolutely fantastic. I’m delighted with the quality of both the materials, the design and the workmanship. The leather itself is very thick, and yet surprisingly supple. I’d also like to highlight the service I received as Jason contacted the manufacturer for precise measurements of the bolt in order to shape the bolt holster perfectly, and backed that up by going to measure one in a gunsmiths.

These are beautiful and practical items, and unless I somehow lose them or destroy them in an unlikely set of circumstances, I wouldn’t expect to need to replace them for at least a couple of decades. They cost me £130, which isn’t cheap, but given the quality, I really don’t mind.

Thanks gents! And everyone else, if you value quality and aesthetics as much as pure functionality, then these are for you.