How big are Muntjac ?

Drag1

I recently had a Muntjac Buck from a friends Estate in Shropshire its the biggest one iv'e ever seen(not that i've had a lot of em) it has a good pair of Antlers with small brows the grollached weight was 31lbs is this a big 'un
i'm sure you lot will tell me ?

I have had one at 37lbs and one of 38lbs clean weight off the same field in two consecutive years.
Your 31lbs is a good weight.well done
There will be plenty on here that have had heavier.!!!!

I have had one at 37lbs and one of 38lbs clean weight off the same field in two consecutive years.
Your 31lbs is a good weight.well done
There will be plenty on here that have had heavier.!!!!

I dont know mate, I thought I had done well with a 30lb Muntie buck clean a couple of years ago but I recon yours are on steroids :eek: :)

Max the area that you stalk can produce some excellent muntjac. I've seen does just short of 30Lbs and bucks 35Lb.

my gold medal went 35lb and thats the biggest ive ever seen /shot ,but i have seen some whoppers about on the hoof though

I don't weigh them, but this is one the bigger ones I have ever seen round here

P1040525.jpg

I have had them around the 30lb+ mark,but the other afternoon I saw two Does together that were the largest I have ever seen,so watch this space for the next time I come across them with a backdrop.

Martin

Had a pregnant doe a few weeks ago who was 35lbs clean - very fatty tho so not much meat... wish I'd gone for the neck shot as .243 ruined half of her and rear end had dodgy tinge to the meat. Presumably due to proximity to birth but unsure!

Thanks lads I'm quite chuffed with mine now. As i said i don't get many of them (normally Roe ,Red & Fallow) been thinking of having him mounted

[
Hi Stone for my interest what county did you shoot it in . I assume it was 40lbs clean weight. It certainly is a cracker.
Wf1

QUOTE=stone;412968]This old timer went 40lbs

IMG_2937.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Back