Thread: .22 rimmy given

.22 rimmy given

im getting a.22 rimfire semi auto given an monday,i believe its a savage/stevens tube fill,seemed a shame for it to go for scrap so im going to give it a go on the rabbits ,has anyone had any experience with these ? im not a lover of semi autos and usually use a CZ but ill give it a chance
    only when the last tree has been felled,the last fish caught and the last river poisoned will man realise he cant eat money

I have used a Stevens clikity clack on squirrel in the states, how old is the rifle, as the old ones are really accurate.

have just picked up the rifle and it looks bloody ancient,its been well used but well looked after,theres very little blueing left and its taken that oiled brown look abit like old damascus barrels.when i asked the family friend whose given me it if it cycles subsonic rounds ok he wasnt sure and said he used winchester rounds ?? anyway itll empty the tube as fast as you can pull the trigger,clickety clack just like taff said.i think itll be ok for rabbits as soon as i remove the 4x20 nikko sterling and put a bit newer scope on,the only downer is youve got to remove the moderator to unscrew the tube to load it apart from that run rabbit run let the fun begin
    only when the last tree has been felled,the last fish caught and the last river poisoned will man realise he cant eat money