Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rangefinding binoculars

Rangefinding binoculars

Looking at get a pair of Rangefinding binoculars just wanted some advice on which one is the best out of the three:​Swarovski EL 10x42,Leica geovids 10x42 or the Zesis victory 10x45. I know they are all top quality binos I just wanted to know everybody thoughts.

Thanks

Andy

I have the Zeiss Victory's. Love'em! (sad but true)
    ​" How Much !"

I've got a pair of the Zeiss 8x45 RF's but when I bought them I compared them to my Swaro 8.5 x 42's and there was a definite tinge to the Zeiss lenses. Which doesn't actually matter as I don't carry both pairs, good performance from the Zeiss though the only downside is they're a bit heavy.

Went up to Scotland foxing in April/May and my mate now had a pair of the leica's, he'd sold his Zeiss RF's and bought a pair of the Swaros' only to find they were slow to ping a reading in comparison... so they've been exchanged for the Leica's. These match my Zeiss for the speed of the 'ping' and accuracy of distance way out to 1000m and a bit more..

If Swarovski have addressed this, then that'd be the way I'd go simply for Swaros excellent aftermarket care.

atb
    Fizz

10x45 zeiss for me.
    ranged trees at 1.5K with mine
    fox at 6-700m even at night.
    Still very bright optics even with x10

I recently bought the swaro 10x42 and can not fault them..never looked at zeiss but did use Leica 10x42 for short while would say swaro have the edge over the Leicas.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate hunter View Post
    Looking at get a pair of Rangefinding binoculars just wanted some advice on which one is the best out of the three:​Swarovski EL 10x42,Leica geovids 10x42 or the Zesis victory 10x45. I know they are all top quality binos I just wanted to know everybody thoughts.

Thanks

Andy
    Just read an excellent review in a US magazine of the Bushnell 10X42 Fusion 1600 ARC Laser Rangefinder Binoculars. Worth Googling.

Price $ 750.

Quote Originally Posted by barongcw View Post
    Just read an excellent review in a US magazine of the Bushnell 10X42 Fusion 1600 ARC Laser Rangefinder Binoculars. Worth Googling.

Price $ 750.
    Not been awful, but i imagine the light gathering of these will not compete with ANY of the above mentioned binos, you get what you pay for i'm afraid there are no shortcuts.

I had Leica Geovid 8x56HDs and switched to Zeiss 8x45rfs.. image quality no difference but the controls of the Zeiss are faster, better, they feel more comfy in the hand etc.. much better imho (and you can switch between yds & mtrs.. the Leica electronics, infact the whole leica design seems to be a bit 1980s!) I tried some Swaros at Bisley live before I bought the Zeiss an, whilst ok, I found them very uncomfortable in the hand with the big square bulges underneath...

In conclusion... wouldn't have anything but Zeiss now!
    Last edited by Vipa; 23-07-2012 at 13:29.

Quote Originally Posted by www.yorkshireroestalking. View Post
    Not been awful, but i imagine the light gathering of these will not compete with ANY of the above mentioned binos, you get what you pay for i'm afraid there are no shortcuts.
    Actually John... they ain't too bad.. not quite up there with the big boys but not a million miles off either. What lets them down is the cheap plasticy build and feel and unacceptable image quality, i.e distortion round the edges, etc.. I certainly couldn't glass for hours with them (I'd end up with a headache after 20 mins!) unlike the Zeiss which is what they are designed for, but the centre of the image is fine.