Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Quality Low Mag Variable Scope for driven boar

Wanted: Quality Low Mag Variable Scope for driven boar

I am after a low mag but variable scope, something like a 1-4 or 1.5-6 from a quality manufacturer, Zeiss, Swaro or S&B for driven boar, must be illuminated.

Don't want to splash out a fortune for a scope I will only use once or twice a year, I am thinking of buying a new Zeiss Duralyt 1.5-5x36 unless something nice turns up s/h

I have one of these scopes http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-LEUPOL...item257176cd16 but with the fire dot circle for pig hunting which these guys will order for you and ship to the UK.

Bob.

Be a bit prepared for the Import Duty and VAT ADD-ONS TO THE SEEMINGLY GOOD PRICE ,cheers, Tony

Quote Originally Posted by reiver View Post
    I have one of these scopes http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-LEUPOL...item257176cd16 but with the fire dot circle for pig hunting which these guys will order for you and ship to the UK.

Bob.
    Thanks for that, they certainly seem well priced, worth considering but would prefer European glass if possible.

these people mark down the price on the customs form some times!!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyR View Post
    Thanks for that, they certainly seem well priced, worth considering but would prefer European glass if possible.
    You really don't need top quality Euro glass for this application. Shooting running game in broad daylight at 30 - 80 yards?

Do you really want to pay over a grand for a scope to use 3 or 4 days per year?
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

I bought a Hawke Endurance 30 1-4x24 with L4 Illuminated for 239, firearms rated and brilliant optics! Using on a Ruger No.1 in 7x57 ...Bagnell and Kirkwood,well worth a call!

Thanks for the replies, some interesting options.

Not really sure which way to jump, was hoping to go to the game fair to have a look at some as none of my local shops keep any of this low mag stuff in stock but obviously that didn't happen.

Got this one if it's any good to you Anthony
    2.5-5-24 swarovski boar scope circle dot reticule only used on 3 trips with box and paperwork 650
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................