Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ACCURACY INTERNATIONAL AW PLATFORM &/OR REMY DERIVATIVES

ACCURACY INTERNATIONAL AW PLATFORM &/OR REMY DERIVATIVES

NEED A FOX GUN USUALLY FOR STATIC/BIPOD SO WEIGHT NOT ISSUE
    THE AW IS A VERY COMFORTABLE UNIT

HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED REMINGTON-BASED UNITS SUCH AS
    RIFLECRAFT TMR2, AS THE BOXED REAL THING LOOKS OVER BUDGET
    SUGGESTED FACTORY ROUNDS 223 / 243?

AIAE cheaper than the AW i have shot about 6 deer with mine in .308 they do a .243/.260 but not sure about .223

ssgpiv
    Hi
    I used to use a 55 grain winchester round out of a .243 and found it extremely effective. However I was recommended to try a .204 which I eagerly did and I now use a 32 grain ballistic tip noslar round out of a remington xr100. To say it is accurate and devastatingly effective would possibly be an understatement.There is little or no recoil to the extent that you can actually see the impact and it seems to not be too wind sensative.

Hi

A mate of mine has a rem police in .243 which he put into an AI stock from the Sportsman put a mod on it and uses it for nothing but foxing very accurate and with nosler 55grn ballistic silver tips really sorts them out.

Dickie

If you speak to the lads at sportsman they will tell you that the rem in the AI stock is good, BUT do's not come close to a AI rifle !
    ASK what the .243 groups like at 500 m ? My AI is boring with a V bull at every shot.[/quote]

Splash

No you're right but if you have the Rem in the first place its a cheaper way of getting a good foxing rifle at a fraction of the cost.
    I supose its down to how deep your pockets are filled.
    cheers

Dickie

Very true Dickie but not worth it if you do not have a rem .
    By the way i have a rem mod seven and it is my favorite rifle its deadly, but it is not a range rifle as the thin barrel gets to hot !

Splash

I have a Rem Sendero in .25-06 big heavy lump (bit like me)
    but very accurate close and far plus you can get a couple off with no change.
    I'm about to change the trigger on it for something a little different but it would be the last rifle I would get rid of.

cheers

Dickie.

I have an AIAW and wouldn't part with it. It'll shoot V bulls all day long. The AE is almost as good, will easily outshoot most rifles and is approx half the price.

The rem sendero has an excellent stock but it's still a rem. You'll be forever tinkering with it.

I also own a Steyr SSG69 P2. Very accurate gun and you'll get it with a decent scope with change from 2000.

Marc

hi I also looked at Rem based 'toys' for foxing and highseat work and knew I wouldn't be able to stop myself tinkering.
    In the end I bought an SSG69 in .243, and spent the money I'd have spent on the stock, trigger, barrel, and blue printing on a good scope and mounts. I use it out to about 400 metres on paper. Can't fault it for a factory rifle with no modification. It's for sale in the classified section now as I'm looking for a bigger calibre.