Yorkshire rut started

Had a good morning as the rut is in full swing round yorkshire way, total opposite of yesterday as i saw no sign of any rutting and very few bucks.
Saw my big lad early on but he is quite safe for the time being with a doe in an unshot area, quite a few young bucks around i shot the first lad courting a doe infront of the tower and the second 7min after.
Could have shot another one probabably two as it seemed bucks were everywhere this morning, but i had enough to contend with and one of them will be left had a cracking very even head and looked to have a fair body weight. DF

DSC00792.jpg

Thats great,ive timed it right again start with my rut bookings from tomorrow morning. As always on or around the 25th july, has been the last 25 years i've been doing it, will be for the next 25 years i bet.
:tiphat:
natures a beauty.

Had a good morning as the rut is in full swing round yorkshire way, total opposite of yesterday as i saw no sign of any rutting and very few bucks.
Saw my big lad early on but he is quite safe for the time being with a doe in an unshot area, quite a few young bucks around i shot the first lad courting a doe infront of the tower and the second 7min after.
Could have shot another one probabably two as it seemed bucks were everywhere this morning, but i had enough to contend with and one of them will be left had a cracking very even head and looked to have a fair body weight. DF

DSC00792.jpg
Interesting pic Double four, those bucks look very dark compared to ours up here in Northumberland. May just be the light in the photo?
Robbo, I hope your westher is better than ours, good luck.
Best regards and good hunting.

Jon.

Had a high seat session this morning (should have been yesterday but I could'nt get out of bed), turned down a nice buck because I was waiting for foxes, quite glad I did as half an hour later I shot a dog fox in the field next to the release pen.

Well bob looks like you might get your chance of a gold buck after all best of luck. Thanks for the videos of them big reds i cvant wait to come down and have a go at one with you mate dont fancy the drag much lol.;)

Well bob looks like you might get your chance of a gold buck after all best of luck. Thanks for the videos of them big reds i cvant wait to come down and have a go at one with you mate dont fancy the drag much lol.;)

No problem 6p try for one back end if you like? there should still be a few about and they wont be stinky, not everyday someone offers you a gold roe buck free gratis you are very generous and more than welcome to have a go for one after my commited swaps are out of the way.
Dont worry about the drag im set up with a winched tipping trailer made for the job. DF

Ive been told that there is also some rutting activity in Northumberland area by my mate(Gamekeeper) so i will be out nice and early in the morning.
Atb John.

Jon its just the photo angle they are as red as foxes the heads are almost identical too, crackin capes too pity its mostly neck shooting at this time of year as im in need of capes for a project. DF

DSC00802.jpg

Back