Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: borrowing a sound moderator

borrowing a sound moderator

Is it legal?... (if you have authority to purchase on ticket)

thanks,

Si
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

dont think its leagle bud think it has to be marked on to your tikket same as borowing rifle you want to borrow my gun you have slot i mark on your sertificate the gun. then you have to inform licencing that gun is on your tikket .and i have reaply to licencing get my gun back .then you have to inform licencing you no longer have it and i nead to inform them i have filled the slot

what a kerfuffel

reason I ask is my stalking buddy has a slot for a mod but hasn't got round to buying one yet, I was thinking he could borrow my spare one until he gets his act together.
    would it make any difference if I'm with him?
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    what a kerfuffel

reason I ask is my stalking buddy has a slot for a mod but hasn't got round to buying one yet, I was thinking he could borrow my spare one until he gets his act together.
    would it make any difference if I'm with him?
    depends how fast you can remove the sound mod from his gun and put back in your pocket before plod comes .triying before buying may work
    Last edited by wraith; 24-07-2012 at 14:43.

Do you get many 'Plod' walking your stalking area ;-)

Blog Entries
    Guys. Don't think anyone should be encouraging illegal activity on a public forum.

If you have a slot for a mod etc. Wraiths right. His spelling shocking but he is absolutely right.

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Do you get many 'Plod' walking your stalking area ;-)
    No but I'd rather not take the chance, however stupid we think it is the law's the law

This only came about because one of the lad's I stalk with damn near deafens me everytime he takes a shot, so I offered to lend him my spare mod. He said "I'm not sure that's allowed is it?" so I thought I'd ask on here.

Are you lending the man an item subject to control under the Firearms Act? Not in my opinion.

If he fits the mod you've lent him to his rifle, does the mod become subject to control under the Firearms Act? Yes, definately.

Does he have authority on his FAC to possess and use a mod with his rifle? Yes.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalua View Post
    Are you lending the man an item subject to control under the Firearms Act? Not in my opinion.

If he fits the mod you've lent him to his rifle, does the mod become subject to control under the Firearms Act? Yes, definately.

Does he have authority on his FAC to possess and use a mod with his rifle? Yes.

What do you think?
    I think you are of the wrong opinion, if the item was not controlled under the Firearms Act then it would not need to be listed on Si's FAC. It is however presumably listed on Si's FAC and not his friends. He could sell/give it to his friend and write it on his friends FAC. But his friend cannot legally use it without it being listed on his FAC in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by rarms View Post
    I think you are of the wrong opinion, if the item was not controlled under the Firearms Act then it would not need to be listed on Si's FAC. It is however presumably listed on Si's FAC and not his friends. He could sell/give it to his friend and write it on his friends FAC. But his friend cannot legally use it without it being listed on his FAC in my opinion.
    No and yes.

I don't think I'm wrong, in that a moderator unattached to a rifle is clearly not a Firearms-Act-controlled thing.

You are perhaps right that the mod should be on the chap's FAC: however, it is not our custom to tell the police every time we turn the non-controlled mod-off-the-rifle into a controlled mod-on-the-rifle. Nevertheless, Si could do the transfer, and they could both tell their respective FLDs about it.

How does that sound?