Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Budget Binos (69) - Surprising Quality! Bushnell 10x42 Powerview

Budget Binos (69) - Surprising Quality! Bushnell 10x42 Powerview

I have been looking for some binos to get me by whilst I save up I have a Bushnell scope on my 243 and love the clarity (budget I know) so took a gamble and ordered some Bushnell 10x42 Powerviews for 69 incl postage which turned up today (next day). I have been out for a play this morning and thought I should share the experience!

The clarity is stunning and even with me wearing classes I can still see through them which is a big bonus as I have had problems looking through binoculars before! Not very light but not to heavy to cause a sore neck. Good grippy rubber so I wont be dropping them in a hurry, adjustments are easy so when swapping between people it won't be causing problems.

All in all very very happy with the spend and the return on investment so if you are looking for some cheap binoculars too get you buy then give these a go!

http://www.microglobe.co.uk/bushnell...r-p-6520.html?

I'll update what they are like around dusk time to see how well they transmit light!

Here they are on Amazon (104.95)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bushnell-141.../dp/B00192GS04
    Last edited by ths84; 25-07-2012 at 14:57.

Here are some pictures of them, sorry for the slightly poor quality but the iphone is not like my Canon

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1220.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	224.3 KB 
ID:	17749Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1221.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	213.5 KB 
ID:	17750Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1222.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	208.7 KB 
ID:	17751Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1225.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	156.7 KB 
ID:	17752Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1226.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	163.5 KB 
ID:	17753

Nice to hear would make a decent add to the glove box methinks.

I know where your coming from with the glasses use as I have to wear specs.

Someone had a pair of these on Sikamalc's novice day, stood up pretty well against the other more expensive binos considering the price. Shame the "add to basket" isn't working for me !

I'm having a similar problem with the silly basket.
    It does update but doesn't update the screen.
    These will sit in the glove box.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by baconbuttie View Post
    Someone had a pair of these on Sikamalc's novice day, stood up pretty well against the other more expensive binos considering the price. Shame the "add to basket" isn't working for me !
    I think you will find they were not Bushnell they were a new company who had asked me to field test them. The company is called Eden and is based in Holland. The binos are made in China.

Now I can hear a sharp intake of breath from members.......made in China!!

But what I will say is for the money 250.00 they are fairly good for the money. More to the point they are lightweight and the barrels are nitrogen proofed so they will not fog up inside, plus they carry a no quibble 25 year guarantee. Any issues and you can return them to the main distributer in Holland and they will honour the gurantee.

I have field tested them in Scotland, West Sussex and in damp Dorset and was impressed by them for the money.

So if you are on a budget (and who isnt these days?) I would take a look at this brand.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Malc, it wasn't those, someone had picked up a pair in the US for about US$50 IIRC. Not as nice as the Edens, but not bad at all.

Ahh ok, my apologise. What I will also add is that you can buy Redfields and Leuopold cheaper in the States and ship them over.

Just make sure the barrels are nitrogen gassed or I think they use argon as well now, otherwise the barrels will fog up inside in wet weather and then the binos are useless.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

I am not surprised that these bino,s are good value. I have 2 Bushnell scopes and bushnell bino,s the H2o waterproof model in 8 X 42 they have performed very well in all conditions. I know that in light conditions at the very end of the day they do not perform like Swaro,s or the like but at the price cant be beaten. There are a lot of "budget" scopes and bino,s out there and I have found that most of them are excellent value for money.
    I am presently waiting for a new scope from the states made by Barska I will let you know how i get on with it with postage it will cost me 75. I know what you are all thinking but there is some great value out there and some of us just cannot justify spending 1000 plus on kit I would rather put the cash towards stalking etc.
    Tusker

Quote Originally Posted by tusker View Post
    I am not surprised that these bino,s are good value. I have 2 Bushnell scopes and bushnell bino,s the H2o waterproof model in 8 X 42 they have performed very well in all conditions. I know that in light conditions at the very end of the day they do not perform like Swaro,s or the like but at the price cant be beaten. There are a lot of "budget" scopes and bino,s out there and I have found that most of them are excellent value for money.
    I am presently waiting for a new scope from the states made by Barska I will let you know how i get on with it with postage it will cost me 75. I know what you are all thinking but there is some great value out there and some of us just cannot justify spending 1000 plus on kit I would rather put the cash towards stalking etc.
    Tusker

HOORAY at last some sense on kit! Save the money, dont participate in the willy waving that is field glass BS and go stalking. Well done.