Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: your opinions please

your opinions please

ive just come home from work and the wife tells me there was 2 guys with liverpudlian accents at my door asking if my defender was for sale
    obviously she said no and off they went ,

now , do i take this at face value and think no more about it , or do i give the old bill a phone as a heads up ,?
    Last edited by Scots_stalker; 24-07-2012 at 17:53.

Did they offer to tar your driveway, mend your roof or "landscape" your garden as well?

ive grilled the wife and this is the only info i have lol

Bogus workmen and the likes use all sorts of indicators to pick out a home lived in by elderly people. I would wonder if there is something that they have seen to make them think that elderly people stayed at your house. On realising that your wife was not elderly they have come up with an excuse for knocking the door. Did they look like workies? Did she see them leave in a vehicle? Apart from what you have said on here is thee anything else that your wife noticed about them. I would think worth phoning the local Police about and just in case I would also make sure that your landy is well secured.

Park it in a garage out the way and tell plod they ll be back for it at some point i would think

apart from the the guys accent theres not much more she can tell me , yeah just nipping out for a crook lock just now

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scots_stalker View Post
    ive just come home from work and the wife tells me there was 2 guys with liverpudlian accents at my door asking if my defender was for sale
    obviously she said no and off they went ,

now , do i take this at face value and think no more about it , or do i give the old bill a phone as a heads up ,?
    Included below is an email I received from Thames Valley Police only last Friday:

Police are asking Landrover owners to be extra vigilant following an increase in the theft of Landrovers over the past week. Recent thefts in the South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse area have occurred in Kingston Blount, Chinnor, Russells Water, Henley and Fernham, Faringdon. Four further thefts have been reported in the Swindon area.

Please click on the link below to obtain crime prevention advice on car security & information on security devices:

http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/crprev/crprev-auto/crprev-auto-protectvehicle/crprev-auto-protectvehicle-car.htm

If you see any suspicious looking people or vehicles in the area try to obtain descriptions and vehicle details, including make, model and registration number. If you have any information relating to this message, please call the police on the new national single non-emergency telephone number 101 and state you are responding to a Community message.

Alternatively if you have information but wish to remain anonymous, please call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online @ crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information is not traced or recorded and you will not go to court.
    So if it was me, in this area at least, I would be on to the police straight away. I would also be setting up a trail cam overlooking my drive and whipping off one of the wheels as well

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Just assessing if your in for a ROB when wife come to door they make an excuse then go on to next target.

been onto strathcyldes finest , they are coming out for a talk

also leave in gear and put diff lock in to neutral and make sure its locked

they will be back and may be not during social hours

good luck
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class