Thread: Evening, morning afternoon.e.t.c

Evening, morning afternoon.e.t.c

I'm Martin

Live in the swindon area and rent with friends 800ish acres of ground which is a nice mix or grazing, arable and mixed woodland. We have lots of Fallow and a few muntjac and roe, I started stalking occasionaly in 2007 and more reguarly since taking the lease about 3yrs ago or so. I have my DSC 1 and when I get 5 minutes away from DIY kids e.t.c I will crack on with my level 2. Currently using a 308 ph Scout.

After 5yrs my jinx on muntjac came to an end on saturday when I had a lovely buck which will be hard to forget. Hopefully out this week as well for a roe buck which will be my only one of the season as we really limit the numbers we take of them. Have a few I have been watching so depending on whats been harvested this week I will hatch a plan on the night. Two season ago I took a nice little buck after calling him in to about 40yds for me you cant beat calling them in so will probably give the butaloo a twirl and see what happens.

Hi Martin, enjoy the site and forum. plenty of opinions and advice on here. sounds like you got it all sorted down there.

aim low and keep ya powder dry.

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH View Post
    I'm Martin

Live in the swindon area and rent with friends 800ish acres of ground which is a nice mix or grazing, arable and mixed woodland. We have lots of Fallow and a few muntjac and roe, I started stalking occasionaly in 2007 and more reguarly since taking the lease about 3yrs ago or so. I have my DSC 1 and when I get 5 minutes away from DIY kids e.t.c I will crack on with my level 2. Currently using a 308 ph Scout.

After 5yrs my jinx on muntjac came to an end on saturday when I had a lovely buck which will be hard to forget. Hopefully out this week as well for a roe buck which will be my only one of the season as we really limit the numbers we take of them. Have a few I have been watching so depending on whats been harvested this week I will hatch a plan on the night. Two season ago I took a nice little buck after calling him in to about 40yds for me you cant beat calling them in so will probably give the butaloo a twirl and see what happens.
    Welcome to the site. Nice to have someone who doesn't blat the c**p out of their permission because it's less than 1000 acres.
    Anywhere near Lady Eliza on the downs?

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Thanks for the welcomes. ground is north of ciren by a bit. lovely countryside