Just to make people aware

cockerdog

Cameron urged to help free pilot held after discovering massacre - Main Section - Yorkshire Post

I don't know how many are aware of this story, I didn't know until I spoke to his dad the other night.
I've know David and his family for years being the game farming family who I get my poults from and there aren't a nicer bunch of people around, David is an extremely likable lad and daft as a brush, never capable of what hes being held for.
When I saw him last summer I was fascinated by his stories of big game in Africa, brushes with hyena and cape buffalo etc and was certainly jealous as it was something I wanted to do as a lad.
Apparently the home office a hopeful of him being released within a week, lets hope so.

I read this a few weeks ago, it's a stitch-up good and proper, the "authorities" in a lot of these African countries are not too bothered whether they have the true culprit or not as long as they've got somebody. I hope David is released soon.

no offense, but the boy should've kept his mouth shut. the people he reported it do probably were the one's do did it, so of course he ended up the scape goat...

hope he gets out soon, but then you've got the problem of the light shining back on the police, so whilst they have him in prison, the lights not on them.....

Hope they get him out soon, I would hate to think the conditions he is in.

Thats quite a bold statement to make about keeping his mouth shut hind sight is a great thing, I take it you have plenty of experience with our brothers in that part of the world ?

no offense, but the boy should've kept his mouth shut. the people he reported it do probably were the one's do did it, so of course he ended up the scape goat...

hope he gets out soon, but then you've got the problem of the light shining back on the police, so whilst they have him in prison, the lights not on them.....

I can understand the comment about keeping his mouth shut but if he had been seen leaving the area and said nothing it would have looked even worse ? Wrong place wrong time - very unfortunate.

Wouldn`t be me working across there among that lot anyway. Good luck to the bloke and I hope he gets the hell out of there first chance he gets.

Thats a bit harsh PKL without knowing the details.
He was among a group who found them including locals, one which fled back to a local town and created a riot blaming the safari company, so he couldnt have kept his mouth shut.
The aftermath was that bad that the locals were filling his plane with full metal jackets when he tried to land, one cant even begin to imagine what the situation was like.

Thats a bit harsh PKL without knowing the details.
He was among a group who found them including locals, one which fled back to a local town and created a riot blaming the safari company, so he couldnt have kept his mouth shut.
The aftermath was that bad that the locals were filling his plane with full metal jackets when he tried to land, one cant even begin to imagine what the situation was like.

A bit harsh nope I tend to agree with pkl were not in mamby pamby Britain life is cheap there with a life expectancy of mid 40s .

Mr Cameron ,just what does he think he'll do ,your playing with war lords not governments ,unless this person has some importance or money the out come will not be Good

These war lords could not care less taking what the want when they want is daily life for them it may sound harsh but it's the truth it's how the rule there turf in there country .

I for one wouldn't even entertain working over there, life is so cheap, murder means nothing, and corruption is rife.

I agree with PKL but only in so far as to not reporting it to their authorities I would have made this find known to the British Embassy and let them handle the situation.

Unfortunately, WS is absolutely right. The country is far from a place you will get justice for doing the right thing and while he did 'the right thing' the authorities there are some of the most corrupt in the world.

We all hope for a positive outcometo this.

Back