25-06 for fox

im so glad i live in devon so much easier down yer we ask for it if you have good reason for having it they give it to you simples

25 06 is larger than 240 (minimum calibre deer) and has more ooomph,so why no condition for all deer,must be new law for different counties?Just curious to reply #5 from stone....

No new law
just the usual lack of knowledge by the FEO's in my area which is backed up by the lack of knowledge and enthusiasm for the job by the FLM , as he has looked over my ticket before signing it

Wabbituntr
are you sure .240 is minimum for deer
my FLD think it still is even thou they added deer conditions to my .222

I have recently received a variation for this calibre and it states deer / fox. I have never had any problems with Lothian and Borders so it seems to be a case of regional inconsistency etc !
Alan

Thank you for all the advice, i spoke to my feo and he said speak to the manager at Head Quarters Sussex and explain my situtation. but they only might be able to do something with it so have to see hopefully it will get sorted.
atb matt

No new law
just the usual lack of knowledge by the FEO's in my area which is backed up by the lack of knowledge and enthusiasm for the job by the FLM , as he has looked over my ticket before signing it

Wabbituntr
are you sure .240 is minimum for deer
my FLD think it still is even thou they added deer conditions to my .222
222 for munty & cwd England and roe Scotland ,240 minimum cal for larger species (muzzle velocity and bullet weight also to be taken into account)25 06 legal for all UK species.......I think.:old:

Thank you for all the advice, i spoke to my feo and he said speak to the manager at Head Quarters Sussex and explain my situtation. but they only might be able to do something with it so have to see hopefully it will get sorted.
atb matt

Ask for Rob Locke I found him very reasonable as long as you can justify your needs

atb steve

i recently got my variation back for a 25-06 which i have brought but on my certificate i have a condition of fox only to be shot whilst deer stalking,i got a message from my feo today and he said that they don't see a 25-06 as a calibre of be used for foxing, the only reason i went for 25 was i want on rifle for all my needs, which this suits all round.
has anyone heard of this before? i have tried contacting my feo tonight but i had a late day at work.
thanks atb matt

I got .308 for fox,deer,vermin,ground game and boar...i just said i want one weapon in my cabinet and keep things simple,they saw that as a posiitive............

Well i use a 25.06 and a 243 the 25 is a great calibre, i use hornady 75g tips for fox's.and 117g tips for deer.I have got a open ticket.But one gun to take out deer stalking
and quick zero and off foxing.All these centrefire rifle the same when it comes to safety.I would get them to remove this or give good reason for refusal.Well done Martin see you wednesday 4.30 am woodfordfallow

I got deer fox and vermin on my 25-06 with west yorkshire without any problem they just gave me it for the quarry species that area detailed on my forrestry permission letter. I use 85 gn NBT's for fox and 100 gn NBT's for deer my loads use reloader 17 and the point of impact at 100 meters is the same for both bullets.

Rick

I also used the home office guidance in chapter 13 (Firearms Law - Guidance to the police, available as a pdf download on the web http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publications/police/firearms/HO-Firearms-Guidance.pdf?view=Binary ) and quoted it directly in my letter when application for variation (for fox, deer, feral goat, vermin, ground game, zeroing, ranges etc) was queried, and stated that I would rather have a single rifle in an appropriate calibre than additional guns. Went through no problem.
As an aside, I found it a rather useful document to read and retain as a reference, and have used its contents a few times over the last couple of years in assisting colleagues (pointing at the relevant chapter and suggeting they quote a little) with their application issues.

Back