A Buttalo Call Question

Buckbones

Im a very traditional deer stalker and don’t go for all thegadgets. But I keep hearing about the Buttalo Call.
I have to be honest in 20 years of stalking Ive never calleda roe buck in and wish to try this year.

My question is How good are they and are they easy to use?

Cheers Andrew

Andrew...

When you get it right with a Buttalo it is awesome, a true shooting highlight. I am sure many SD members could enlighten/bore us with their own experiences !!! Not only effective on roe bucks, I have successfully called muntjac, fallow does and a badger !

They are easy to use, you can purchase instructional DVDs or look on Youtube.

I have promised myself this year to seriously limit my use of calls, last year I reckon I buggered more stalks by calling too much than had successful stalks while using a buttalo.

Give it a go.

Sticks

Andrew...

When you get it right with a Buttalo it is awesome, a true shooting highlight. I am sure many SD members could enlighten/bore us with their own experiences !!! Not only effective on roe bucks, I have successfully called muntjac, fallow does and a badger !

They are easy to use, you can purchase instructional DVDs or look on Youtube.

I have promised myself this year to seriously limit my use of calls, last year I reckon I buggered more stalks by calling too much than had successful stalks while using a buttalo.

Give it a go.

Sticks
I don't use them that much myself, but i am this this year as the grass still hasn't been cut and i need an 'edge'!
I too have also attracted lots of fallow does with the call, I might try it in November!
Cheers
Richard

Andrew

When they work they are stunningly effective - as sticks has said, a true stalking highlight. Getting a buck to come in to the call is a "not to be forgotten" experience, even if you don't then take the shot.

They are very easy to use and can be equally effective in calling muntjac at other times of the year. Try to get hold of the Richard Prior CD/DVD, as this will explain all.

I now also use a rottumtaler call, which I have also found very effective.

willie_gunn

Juat waiting for mine to arrive in the post, looking forward to using it. I have a couple of bucks on land that I shoot that have eluded me and as devon deer stalker, my ground is very, very overgrown so looking for an edge.

Great Call, one of the simplest to use, as said once you've called one in you never forget it !

Rgds, Buck.

Back