Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guide Directory

Guide Directory

There isn't hidden somewhere on the SD a directory and map of 'Stalking Guides/Professional Stalkers' is there? Would it be of interest perhaps to those offering their services? It would certainly help me and I'm sure the SD could charge a small listing fee to cover development costs...

For example, I'm trying to plan, 2 x blokes, somewhere within 4 hours drive of Luton, 4-5 stalks from Friday - Sunday, plus accommodation, mid-October, fallow and/or red and/or roe... sika would be nice.

(Mods, if this should reside in the "Stalking Available" section then please move)

I can do Fallow and Muntjac.

Have a look at the website Deer Management

you will find a map of the British isles split into counties linked to various guides for the area selected
    Last edited by prometheus; 26-07-2012 at 11:55.

Come on Stig you know the way to me, AA route planner says 3 hours 50 mins!
    Red,Fallow and Roe.
    Cheers
    Richard

Not all professionals offer their services on here, some of us don't need to.

@ Richard - indeed I do, and Devon is not 100% out of the question...

@ bogtrotter - it sounds like you're all sorted for the next few years so won't be needing my custom - not being funny but if people don't offer their services somewhere (here or otherwise) how the heck am I supposed to plan an annual 3 day break with my mate to do some stalking and catching up... it's a damn sight easier to do it if I know where to start looking... I've been with a good few people off this site and had a bloody good time whether I shot anything or not... but it's nice to try new areas, meet new people, and seek out new quarry... as for those I've been with in the past, I'll be back to all, maybe even as part of this planned trip, but I'd like to evaluate our options while diaries are not 100% blocked out (and many already are!)

Yes they may advertise somewhere my point was that only a very small percentage of professionals are actually members of SD
    It may be different in the South but up here not many professionals are members
    and even less are trade members.
    Last edited by bogtrotter; 26-07-2012 at 13:18.

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    only a very small percentage of professionals are actually members of SD
    I don't doubt that but if they would be so kind as to join up it might help me with my challenge... next year we'll be heading to Scotland but have already a few people in mind... maybe the Scots' reputation carries further than down here ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Have a look at the website Deer Management

you will find a map of the British isles split into counties linked to various guides for the area selected
    That just gave me a laugh there is a bod on there local to me that has added his DSC after his name so David ***** DSC

Quote Originally Posted by al4x1 View Post
    That just gave me a laugh there is a bod on there local to me that has added his DSC after his name so David ***** DSC
    perhaps he could also add - MM (mostly muntjac) or MC (medal chinkie's) or perhaps DFC (dedicated fallow culling)