Thread: Email Scam

Email Scam

Don't know if this is relevant here?? so mods please feel free to remove it.
    If any one of you receive an email off me regarding the purchase of a camera or similar , please delete it , do not click on the link that is in the email,
    It looks like my home email address has been scammed by some Chinese person of questionable parentage.
    My nephew pointed this out to me yesterday (bright lad) and I have taken steps to resolve the issue.
    I hope none of you were caught out by this and sorry for any inconvenience.

Some questions to ponder? Have you changed all your passwords? Is your software all licensed and fully patched? Do you have an up to date Operating System? Do you have a good Anti-Virus programme on your PC? Is your data backed up? Regards JCS

Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    Some questions to ponder? Have you changed all your passwords? Is your software all licensed and fully patched? Do you have an up to date Operating System? Do you have a good Anti-Virus programme on your PC? Is your data backed up? Regards JCS
    All of the above are licensed and up to date,have now changed all passwords on personal accounts,thanks for the advice.
    Chris