Thread: Lansky Fold a Vee Sharpeners - NEW STOCK

Lansky Fold a Vee Sharpeners - NEW STOCK

Further to my original post back in June.

The Distributor has just called to say that the last available stock of Fold a Vee ceramic rod sharpeners has arrived. These are now out of production and this batch was the last available from Lansky.

A bit cliched, but when they are gone, they are gone!

I got a bit too clever for my own good trying to manipulate the spreadsheet listing those who had expressed previous interest - I have PM'd all those I had on the list, but suspect one or two names got lost in translation; so my apologies if no PM has come through to you.

If you are interested in these sharpeners, please let me know asap. I will be ordering for delivery to me by Wed/ Thurs next week and anticipate putting orders back out the door on the same day.

Price is 18.95 posted as before and for SD Members, two or more will be 35 posted per pair.

As soon as my order is in and delivery confirmed I will send out an e payment request to those who express interest - allowing payment by card or direct Paypal. These will not be going up on the website until the initial SD order batch has gone out.

Please PM me with the number you require and your e mail address. Any queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

For reference, the original post is below -

Lansky Ceramic Sharpening sets - Fold-a-Vee and 4 Rod Box

I know that knife sharpening tends to be a bit of a 'dark art' at times.

Over the years we've used about every method going and had sessions with hundreds of course members. Over that time, we've consistently found the ceramic rod type set up gives some of the best, repeatable and easiest results.

A product that has worked really well has been the Croc Stick/ Lansky Rod Box. I personally use a 4 rod box as my main sharpening tool. The 4 rod box provides a set of two medium and two fine rods - and it's the fine ones I use almost exclusively. The two rod versions are cheaper, but dont have these - so we dont stock them.

I recently got chance to use the Fold-A-Vee version and like it .... a lot. Typically, then discovered this had just been discontinued by Lansky. This morning received the last 2 ( three actually but I'm keeping one ) with the UK distributor and they have gone on the Forest & Hill website.

There are a limited number still over with Lansky USA and I have what I can get hold of wending it's way over - just waiting on delivery time estimate.

Anyone interested in these please visit the website. It will automatically close out once stock gone. Anyone interested thereafter, please let me know and I will try to allocate out on a first come first served basis - no payment nor obligation until they are here.

18.95 posted UK mainland First Class.

Many thanks for looking.
    Last edited by Moray Outfitting; 27-07-2012 at 20:18.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Well I have ordered two!

and meant to say - these won't rattle if you want them in your pocket when stalking.......

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Apache - I'd forgotten about the non-rattle bit - and after you reminded me as well!

I have pre-orders now confirmed for some 37 units. I will be ordering for stock as well, but can I just do a further prompt - if anyone is interested, please drop me a PM.

I'll be taking as much of this last batch as I can, but when gone they gone for good.
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms

Distributor and Parcelforce confirm new stock is en rote - likely here on Wednesday.

I'll post update when here and contact all those who have already expressed interest.

Many thanks

New stock here and checked.

I'll contact those that expressed interest direct.

Forest & Hill Website has the product reactivated - but if you wish to take advantage of the Stalking Directory members offer, please contact direct by PM or E mail.

Single unit 18.95 delivered
    Two units or more delivered for SD members 35 per pair.

​Thanks.