Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could these be deer slots??

Could these be deer slots??

I dont want to get too excited because we have very little if not any deer where I live. However, Munty's and Roe have apparently been seen from time to time over the past 10 years. We noticed these slots last week in some wet ground. Apologies they aren't very clear because I took them on my phone. Your thoughts?

Attachment 17840Attachment 17841

if theres no sheep on the ground , id say they were

Thanks for the response. There are sheep on the land but these slots were very small compared to sheep.

Follow the slots and look for cleave marks. The rain hasn't helped as its washed most of it away. Think it's fox but you will have to follow the trail for conformation. I know you can't see individual pad marks.

I would say washed out fox prints.....

+1 on washed out fox prints and if you look really carefully you can just make out pad marks.

oh well i stand corrected lol

I should ahev put a coin by them to show the size. They defo seemed smaller than fox prints. Will spend some time there and see if we can find anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by 204 Ruger View Post
    I dont want to get too excited because we have very little if not any deer where I live. However, Munty's and Roe have apparently been seen from time to time over the past 10 years. We noticed these slots last week in some wet ground. Apologies they aren't very clear because I took them on my phone. Your thoughts?

Attachment 17840Attachment 17841
    on pic 2 at the bottom of the pic looks like fox or dog print

Point of ref?.. These things could be four foot long for all we know. If you gonna post something like that at
    least include a coin, or not or something