Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The final nail driven...

The final nail driven...

Into my new reloading room! As some of you might know, last year the county I live in was flooded and I ended up with 8" of water in my basement while running three pumps simultaneously. It has taken a year of dehumidifying and airing to get it to the point where I can even begin to rebuild and once the die was cast, I decided that I would dedicate one room to just reloading. Last month I started ripping out the old sheetrock and stud-work. Today I finished when I mounted an old crank pencil sharpener on the wall.

I down sized my operation a bit. I have a right angle bench made from heavy white kitchen countertop covering about 14 feet in length. I mounted my RCBS A-1 (pre-rock-chucker monster) press and my Lyman Spar-T turret press, as well as my RCBS and Lyman cast bullet sizers. I have a Bonanza Coaxial press coming and that will be mounted as well. I have spaces for my Seeley Masker BR powder measure, four Belding and Mull powder measures, and a Lee measure. I have an Ohaus Dial-a Grain and an Ohaus 505 scales and Lee Dippers. I boxed a bunch of my dies and gave away a Lee Press and a Lyman #55 powder measure. I have plenty of shelving for the tid-bits.

I was going to post a picture of it but my trusty Fuji Digital (a two time veteran of trips to the Highlands) unexpectedly lost it's ability to attain focus so at least for now I am at a loss to show off my handy work. I'm not much of a carpenter but I am pretty proud of the results. I'll post a pic when I can. Happily yours....~Muir
    Last edited by Muir; 29-07-2012 at 14:43.

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    good to hear of the recovery!

Nice to hear your reloading room project is just waiting on your pic's to post!

ATB

Wullie.
    Your a long time dead, enjoy every day like it's your last!!!

Well done Muir, glad to hear you're up and running again.

Pics will be good when you can

Regards

Fraser

Quote Originally Posted by fraserd View Post
    Well done Muir, glad to hear you're up and running again.

Pics will be good when you can

Regards

Fraser
    I bought a new camera.... Haven't got it figured out yet but this will suffice for now~Muir

sweet!
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Nice one mate,when I built an extension on my house somebody said why don't you use attic trusses,so I did,what a brill ideal,that's my gun room / reloading room.

Thanks. Just don't slap a level around anyplace!

I wonder what the Fire Marshall would think? If you look under the bench you can see cans of smokeless powder. I have about 80 pounds of it... and when I took the picture I was sitting on an air tight metal container with about 50K primers in it~Muir
    Last edited by Muir; 30-07-2012 at 12:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    I bought a new camera.... Haven't got it figured out yet but this will suffice for now~Muir
    Looking good Muir

ATB
    Wullie.
    Your a long time dead, enjoy every day like it's your last!!!