The final nail driven...

Muir

Into my new reloading room! As some of you might know, last year the county I live in was flooded and I ended up with 8" of water in my basement while running three pumps simultaneously. It has taken a year of dehumidifying and airing to get it to the point where I can even begin to rebuild and once the die was cast, I decided that I would dedicate one room to just reloading. Last month I started ripping out the old sheetrock and stud-work. Today I finished when I mounted an old crank pencil sharpener on the wall.

I down sized my operation a bit. I have a right angle bench made from heavy white kitchen countertop covering about 14 feet in length. I mounted my RCBS A-1 (pre-rock-chucker monster) press and my Lyman Spar-T turret press, as well as my RCBS and Lyman cast bullet sizers. I have a Bonanza Coaxial press coming and that will be mounted as well. I have spaces for my Seeley Masker BR powder measure, four Belding and Mull powder measures, and a Lee measure. I have an Ohaus Dial-a Grain and an Ohaus 505 scales and Lee Dippers. I boxed a bunch of my dies and gave away a Lee Press and a Lyman #55 powder measure. I have plenty of shelving for the tid-bits.

I was going to post a picture of it but my trusty Fuji Digital (a two time veteran of trips to the Highlands) unexpectedly lost it's ability to attain focus so at least for now I am at a loss to show off my handy work. I'm not much of a carpenter but I am pretty proud of the results. I'll post a pic when I can. Happily yours....~Muir

Last edited:
Well done Muir, glad to hear you're up and running again.

Pics will be good when you can

Regards

Fraser

Well done Muir, glad to hear you're up and running again.

Pics will be good when you can

Regards

Fraser

I bought a new camera.... Haven't got it figured out yet but this will suffice for now~Muir
basementcountertop2.jpg

Nice one mate,when I built an extension on my house somebody said why don't you use attic trusses,so I did,what a brill ideal,that's my gun room / reloading room.

Thanks. Just don't slap a level around anyplace! :eek:

I wonder what the Fire Marshall would think? If you look under the bench you can see cans of smokeless powder. I have about 80 pounds of it... and when I took the picture I was sitting on an air tight metal container with about 50K primers in it~Muir

Last edited:
Thanks all. The first ammo loaded in the new setting was by my friend for his 223 :a Tikka T-3 using 53 grain Nosler Comp Match bullets. These were used to blow about 15 fat prairiedogs to Hades. I loaded the next go-round for my .222 Model 70 Winchester. I used the same bullet but I used my Lee Target Loader. I'll shoot them tomorrow. It was very pleasant to reload in such comfort.~Muir

Looks great :thumb:
I like you choice of press as well, I'm using the C frame Spartan as well.
(but not the turret version)

Neil. :)

Hi
Looks very good - neat and tidy too.

What does the sign on the door say? Gentlemans Club - Members Only?

Regards
L

Thanks. Just don't slap a level around anyplace! :eek:

I wonder what the Fire Marshall would think? If you look under the bench you can see cans of smokeless powder. I have about 80 pounds of it... and when I took the picture I was sitting on an air tight metal container with about 50K primers in it~Muir

Wood workers use spirit levels! I think not!!!:D
Where are we going to stick the wood rat?

Here that set up would give the Firearms Enquiry officer fits. That dangerous explosive needs to be kept under lock and key in approved storage containers. That's why they destroyed my stock of hand loading smoke less powders as they claimed is was dangerous and unstable explosives.

Now before all the pros jump on me that's what the WPC said as she supervised the RAF Bomb Disposal squad here taking it all away to be destroyed................................. the blew up about a grands worth of hand loading smokeless powder including at least 8 new unopened tubs that has only just been purchased :mad:.

Nothing like the reloading set up I used at Chez Muir, it was slightly more "cluttered" back then :D

John

Back