Thread: New member in Dumfries and Galloway - opticron1

New member in Dumfries and Galloway - opticron1

Good afternoon to all and sundry, new member here so be gentle! I've been taking an occasional look at the SD for some time now and found a lot of the threads/forums very helpful being a newbie to Stalking. I started out taking a day in the autumn for Stags whilst having a regular weeks fishing in the highlands, I've now found that I look forwards to the Stalk as much as the fishing and spent the rest of the year thinking about the next long day on the hill. I've been taking days on one or two of the estates here in Dumfries and Galloway for Roe deer and it was at the suggestion of Solwaystalker that I take a more active part in using the SD site - so thanks to Colin for that. I haven't got my own rifle as yet as my better half is still not convinced on the wisdom of a collection of firearms in the house However, I look forward to gaining some more experience and taking my DSC1 in the future at Barony.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by opticron1 View Post
    Good afternoon to all and sundry, new member here so be gentle! I've been taking an occasional look at the SD for some time now and found a lot of the threads/forums very helpful being a newbie to Stalking. I started out taking a day in the autumn for Stags whilst having a regular weeks fishing in the highlands, I've now found that I look forwards to the Stalk as much as the fishing and spent the rest of the year thinking about the next long day on the hill. I've been taking days on one or two of the estates here in Dumfries and Galloway for Roe deer and it was at the suggestion of Solwaystalker that I take a more active part in using the SD site - so thanks to Colin for that. I haven't got my own rifle as yet as my better half is still not convinced on the wisdom of a collection of firearms in the house However, I look forward to gaining some more experience and taking my DSC1 in the future at Barony.
    Thanks.

Welcome to SD,you are going about it the right way....get all the experience you can under your belt and keep it all documented so that when you do apply for your FAC(which is When and not if!!) you will have a whole file of info to oil the wheels.....

Welcome aboard

Martin

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses