Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squeaking boots

Squeaking boots

I have just got a pair of lowa boots that are brand new, the black leather gortex ones.
    The leather is squeaking really loud, will this wear in after I have worn them a few times or is there something I can do to stop it, maybe a bit of oil or something to soften the leather. It seems to be where the tongue comes up the shin it is the loudest.

Quote Originally Posted by THE GRIFF View Post
    I have just got a pair of lowa boots that are brand new, the black leather gortex ones.
    The leather is squeaking really loud, will this wear in after I have worn them a few times or is there something I can do to stop it, maybe a bit of oil or something to soften the leather. It seems to be where the tongue comes up the shin it is the loudest.
    It was always the army dictum to pee in your boots as this was suposed to remove the squeaks.
    I hope i am right.
    Martin

My mate suggested that, I thought he was taking the pi55.

The use of pee goes back years in the army, but a less smelly method would be to use leder -gris and the leather oil from Alt-Berg. I presume you can get it from the company online, but I got this with my boots and never had a problem.

Hi I use LOWA Super Camps alot ( what does that say about me ! )

Yes they do squeek when new; I fill mine with water, soak; empty and go for a stroll with the dog:
    Let them air-dry and whilst they are still a little moist apply lots of any leather dressing; be carefull not to fill the Gore Tex.

Do apply extra dressing behind the eyes and exterior of the tongue as this is where the squeek comes from, plus dont over tighten laces .. just a tip as they are like slippers after a couple of weeks.

Tomsk

Pull out the laces and cover them by hand with dubbin and leave it to soak in overnight should do the trick it worked with my muflons and they squeaked something serious !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dlz90 View Post
    Pull out the laces and cover them by hand with dubbin and leave it to soak in overnight should do the trick it worked with my muflons and they squeaked something serious !!!!!!!
    I will also try that, my muflons make hell of a noise.

Daz.

Cheers everyone, will try one of the solutions suggested and let you know how I get on.

Vaseline on the laces and round creases worked on my mouflons but need applying regularly

Quote Originally Posted by dlz90 View Post
    +1