Newbie Recommendation

filzee

On Saturday i had a day with Buckbones from this very fine site to do a bit of shooting practice and go over some basics of rifle shooting and stalking.
I'd like to say what a very good day it was. The company was fantastic the scenery was brilliant, the rifles great and the targets set out were both realistic and challenging.
We started the morning with some basic knowledge of rifles and ammunition. We then went on to shooting various rifles at various distances which i was quite happy with my shooting ability having not shot a lot if CF rifles.
I also got a go in a high seat which wasn't bad but i really don't like using sticks!! How some of you shoot well off sticks i do not know.
We then went onto a practice stalk with more target shooting and then some plinking with the rimfires.
I left having had a thoroughly good day and hopefully having made a new friend in the world of shooting.
For anyone trying to get into the sport i would recommend this feel free to pm me for more details.
I also left knowing exactly what rifle, scope and caliber i want as soon as i get my FAC filled out and also that its not going to break the bank.

Thanks Phil

P.S - i have no financial links with Buckbones this is just a recommendation as i feel if you find something worth doing you should share it.

Hi Phil
That was a very nice post directed at me thank you.
I enjoyed your company for the day and you fogot to mention that Im very good at shooting potatoes while they swing ing the wind LOL. Any days a good day out with a rifle.

Cheers Andrew
PS when my brother has finished the harvest Ill take you out for a night lamping for foxes. You can have a play with the 223 on me

Nice to hear you had a good time. Regarding the sticks try using quad sticks. They take a bit of learning to set up but once you have got the hang of it they make standing shots very easy
Cheers
S

+1 for andrew he is a good lad who knows his rifles. Also with srvet the multiple sticks work very well recently aquired a set of elite sticks and very easy to zero at 100m standing.

cheers andrew sounds great mate always fancied a proper go at charlie. and you got lucky with the swinging potato all the skill is with the spotter (me)

Back