Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: computer hackers

computer hackers

just had both my laptops buggered upby some nob sending crapto my computers both had firewalls and other protecton wiped /buggered up years of reserch all my load data etc then tonight got fhone call from asian letting me know i had trouble with my computers when i told him to f of he asked why if i coild just get my hands on himi know where his computer would be why o why do people do this **** now both the kids computers are buggered up had a hell of a time getting on hear pissed off compleatley

Mate this happened to the mother inlaw a cupla weeks ago by luck she caught on when they started asking for card details(only because they got scammed before) there r some a**e holes about.

I had a laptop go belly up due to some sort of virus, I couldn't do anything with it but our estate IT contractor managed to recover everything from it. It did take several hours though. Might be worth getting a second opinion before you give up on them. I had a friend who was a detective and he said that unless a computer is physically, totally destroyed they can generally recover everything from it, that's how they catch paedophiles etc. Glyn.

It's unlikely your computer was hacked, I would guess that you, or more likely the kids, downloaded something nasty like a Trojan. If you know an IT guru then they will probably be able to do a data recovery for you, otherwise you will have to go to a local IT company to do it. Might be worth doing anyway because if they have installed a key logger etc they will be able to see your passwords.

where abouts are you , i may be able to help if you are local to me
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

It was an email that buggered up my laptop recently, i sorted it by starting up and pressed F8 and started from last known good configuration and then ran my norton which found and rectified the problem, but i aint no expert, i think i just got lucky.
    Cheers
    Richard

tryt using spybots&d its pretty good make sure you run the updated versiona nd runas administrater
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Go to bleepingcomputer.com, download rkill (get the iexplore.exe version) and combofix. Run these as administrator before running either S&D or Malwarebytes.

And then ditch Norton. If something got past it, it's not worth the processor time !

Quote Originally Posted by 1967spud View Post
    tryt using spybots&d its pretty good make sure you run the updated versiona nd runas administrater
    How do you run it as administrator?

thanks lads for all the links will get the brains of the familey to give it a go spud imin scotlandbit far from norfolk