computer hackers

wraith

just had both my laptops buggered upby some nob sending crapto my computers both had firewalls and other protecton wiped /buggered up years of reserch all my load data etc then tonight got fhone call from asian letting me know i had trouble with my computers :eek:when i told him to f of he asked why :rolleyes:if i coild just get my hands on him;)i know where his computer would be why o why do people do this **** now both the kids computers are buggered up had a hell of a time getting on hear ****ed off compleatley

Mate this happened to the mother inlaw a cupla weeks ago by luck she caught on when they started asking for card details(only because they got scammed before) there r some a**e holes about.

I had a laptop go belly up due to some sort of virus, I couldn't do anything with it but our estate IT contractor managed to recover everything from it. It did take several hours though. Might be worth getting a second opinion before you give up on them. I had a friend who was a detective and he said that unless a computer is physically, totally destroyed they can generally recover everything from it, that's how they catch paedophiles etc. Glyn.

It's unlikely your computer was hacked, I would guess that you, or more likely the kids, downloaded something nasty like a Trojan. If you know an IT guru then they will probably be able to do a data recovery for you, otherwise you will have to go to a local IT company to do it. Might be worth doing anyway because if they have installed a key logger etc they will be able to see your passwords.

It was an email that buggered up my laptop recently, i sorted it by starting up and pressed F8 and started from last known good configuration and then ran my norton which found and rectified the problem, but i aint no expert, i think i just got lucky.
Cheers
Richard

Go to bleepingcomputer.com, download rkill (get the iexplore.exe version) and combofix. Run these as administrator before running either S&D or Malwarebytes.

And then ditch Norton. If something got past it, it's not worth the processor time !

thanks lads for all the links will get the brains of the familey to give it a go spud imin scotland:doh:bit far from norfolk

thanks lads for all the links will get the brains of the familey to give it a go spud imin scotland:doh:bit far from norfolk

I hope you had all your data backed up to a removable disk or the cloud? I try and back my laptop up twice a week at least. Regards JCS

Go to bleepingcomputer.com, download rkill (get the iexplore.exe version) and combofix. Run these as administrator before running either S&D or Malwarebytes.

And then ditch Norton. If something got past it, it's not worth the processor time !

I second that, but I would throw in Stinger from McAfee. Run all of them in safe mode with networking first then remove Norton and pop on MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials).

Failing that if you are near Monmouth drop it in to our repair shop and let me take a look and see whats happened to your data as it might have been the virus that hides everything in which case all is not lost!

Edit: Forgot to say that at present the new wave of viruses smash straight through all of the brands so no point paying, we have machines dropped in on a daily basis and have been for the past 18 months and they all have Anti Virus and firewall software on them.

We actually got nailed whilst searching for an Audi A4 roof rack on Google so gone are the days of looking at things you shouldn't to get these infections lol

Last edited:
My advice:

• Create a non-admin account for yourself on your computer and use that. Only use the admin account for admin! That way if you run something you shouldn't it will be limited in the amount of access it has.
  • Use Firefox or Chrome
  • Never open executable attachments on emails (.exe .com .vbs .bat etc) even if they claim "your parcel tracking" etc etc
  • Never click on random links that aren't clear where they go, even when sent from friends as thy could have been compromised
  • If you get a pop up telling you your computer is infected (a la 'Windows Security 2012' malware types) don't click anything! End task it.
  • Never respond to an email that claim things like "your account has been deactivated, you must log in to reactivate, click here to log in". Banks etc NEVER invite you to log in via a link from an email.

In my experience 'hackers' usually get the blame for something you yourself could have avoided doing. Easy to say I know, but better to be on your guard for next time!

My previous job was as a forensic computer analyst and the best advice I can give you is to buy a Mac as you don't get viruses etc with them.

All your information is still on your PC, as long as you do not start loading / removing things to/from your hard drive before recovering your data. This might over write some of your important data.

Step 1. Disconnect failed drive and use recovery programs and virus free PC / Mac to recover the data you want (photos, load data, docs etc)
Step 2. Either try all the above and if that does not work, wipe your drive (not Format drive as this does not remove information and viruses etc can still be active)
Step 3. Fresh install
Step 4. Reload recovered data

If only that were still true :(

Ok I will put it another way.

Due to the huge number of PC's running Windows hackers rarely choose to write viruses that afflict Macs.
Hackers want their attacks to spread rapidly, so they usually target the OS that offers the most potential 'victims' , Windows...

I have used Mac computers for many years, on a daily basis and none has ever been affected by a virus. The engineer I use for repair work told me he is kept very busy sorting out PC virus problems but has never had to deal with a Mac affected by a virus. ATB. David.

Somebody hacked my mobile phone account several months ago when my upgrade was due,they got themselves a iPhone 4 s and all the trimmings that you can get for them,I had a text for 02 with a huge bill,I rang them strait away to find out what was going on,it took weeks to sort out.

Back