Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a comment

Just a comment

Hi all,

Just a small comment on something that happend today just showing how different people can be.

I was going somewhere for work when the evil satnav sent me the wrong way! when I was just about to swap tarmac for dirt track we happend to meet a bloke looking like he was just finishing a stalk. We stopped and asked if he knew where the place we were looking for was but he had never heard of the place. So I asked if he had been out for Roe this morning and he said yes and we got talking. I believe in if you don't ask you don't get so I politly asked if he took people out and he said no he likes to do things alone, I did offer to pay but he is simply happy just plodding along alone. I myself don't mind company when out.

Like I said everyone is different and I don't have any bad feelings it was chance to meet and get to know another stalker in the area.

ATB

Daz

hes probley like that because hes been bit in the past, too many people looking to steal stalking land !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 223 View Post
    hes probley like that because hes been bit in the past, too many people looking to steal stalking land !!!!!!!!
    Could be it happens more and more these days. I'm always very weary as to who I show round my ground.

i only have my own ground for fox and downwards but do prefer to go on my own as i can just sit for hours in the peace and quite, but if someone ask,s me if they can go with me then it's no problem(mainly those with out fac's) but on a whole do prefer it on my own.
    stav
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

Quote Originally Posted by 223 View Post
    Utter rubbish !i stalk on my own, as many others do over various bits of land due to topographical locations, backstops and a host of other problems, that I wouldn't want anyone ,that I would have accompany me face ,or have the police out hanging us by the nuts for unsafe practices .

Theres to many English men paranoid about loosing ground on here, and far to many offering money for stalking at the drop of a hat, one of the very reasons your all spending hours traveling to stalking grounds, as someone is always going to pay more than you, stop putting money first you all may get on a lot better .

SD Regular
    Bob , ive just got my tax return so things are a bit tight have you any where for me to wander round and stalk free of charge ???
    BE PREPARED IT WASNT RAINING WHEN THEY BUILT THE ARC

Quote Originally Posted by shudadunityonksago View Post
    Bob , ive just got my tax return so things are a bit tight have you any where for me to wander round and stalk free of charge ???
    Theres a place called now let me think ah yes Yorkshire ,but Paul you know how tight they are in Yorkshire the farmers won't even own up to owning the land (:-))

Having taken paying clients out for several years I now prefer to manage my ground by myself, only taking the occasional non shooting friend out now. If someone unknown to me asked to be taken out I would probably decline, to have them then offer money would only make me more certain. In the same way that I have turned down offers for my dog when I had no intention of selling him, I do get slightly annoyed when people seem to think everything is for sale. Money isn`t allways the be-all and end`all, and trust me I haven`t got a lot.

I must admit to being a wee bit scptical if some one just randomly stopped me in the street and asked direction followed by can i come shooting with you.
    Shudadunityonksago. There are many place you can go for free on your own door step all you need to do is get out there and do a job.

Quote Originally Posted by barkin` buck View Post
    Having taken paying clients out for several years I now prefer to manage my ground by myself, only taking the occasional non shooting friend out now. If someone unknown to me asked to be taken out I would probably decline, to have them then offer money would only make me more certain. In the same way that I have turned down offers for my dog when I had no intention of selling him, I do get slightly annoyed when people seem to think everything is for sale. Money isn`t allways the be-all and end`all, and trust me I haven`t got a lot.
    Hear, Hear..... you're not alone...... this money and shooting is largely an "internet phenonema."
    Fortunately outside values and morals are often a lot less commercial and money driven.