Thread: my first trial cam pics

my first trial cam pics

heres my first ever try with a trial camera, put it up last wednesday night , captured what looks like a 3 point roe buck , a doe , the backside of something lol and can you guys spot what set it off ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails trial cam 4 006.jpg   trial cam 4 004.jpg   trial cam 4 003.jpg  

Good first try, look forward to seeing more results later. Was it the woodie setting it off?

Yeah. U can just see his head at the bottom.

Looking good, Mine should be turning up today, looking forward to getting it set up this afternoon and seeing whats about on one of my permissions with loads of deer tracks down one side of a hedge.

Got any tips on settings etc?

Cheers

Ando

Well done, always good to get a result on the game camera.

Now that you can see the path the roe are taking it would probably be a good idea to set the camera up looking down the trail rather than across it.
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here

Quote Originally Posted by Jonher View Post
    Well done, always good to get a result on the game camera.

Now that you can see the path the roe are taking it would probably be a good idea to set the camera up looking down the trail rather than across it.
    do the generally walk up and down tracks? i just really set it up at a clearing where id seen them before

Quote Originally Posted by Scots_stalker View Post
    do the generally walk up and down tracks? i just really set it up at a clearing where id seen them before
    I find in my terrain they do tend to use the same paths, especially in some areas when the cover is thick.

I was thinking more from a photo perpective though as the camera will trigger as the animal is coming towards the camera, instead of when its quickly passing it and resulting in pics which are blurry
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here