Thread: Harkila Roe sack

Harkila Roe sack

Anyone any experience with the Harkila Roe sack..Any good?

Cheers Bryan

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

i've had 2 and they both ripped along a seam beside the bottom end of the shoulder strap with the first roe in them. likely just a bad batch but it put me off.

I have one and although it remains embarrassingly clean, it certainly works perfectly well as a rucksack, irrespective of what the load is. It's hardwearing, comfortable to carry, plenty of space in side pockets for binos, cameras, etc. It has a little tear in one of the pocket seams but I could fix that in five minutes if I actually sat down to deal with it.

What are you like!

Have a look at mine - or Johns - or Gary's next time you are over

They arent everyones cup of tea and I was not keen on the strap attachments - so beefed them up with web/ paracord - been fine since - but quite valid argument to ask why you should need to do that.

Also ditched the velcro - velcro on a Roe sack? And made button/ toggle and loops for the pockets - again really should have been designed in.

Mines 5/6 years on now and working fine.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Quote Originally Posted by daverl View Post
    i've had 2 and they both ripped along a seam beside the bottom end of the shoulder strap with the first roe in them. likely just a bad batch but it put me off.
    Mine did the same, and the back padding is coming unstitched. Not good!
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by daverl View Post
    Mine did the same after 20-30 roe at the bottom of the shoulder strap but is still usable, just looks like it holds on only a few stitches.

You could check out our Monarch Roe Sack as reviewed in the current BDS Deer magazine http://www.monarchcountryproducts.co...&product_id=60

100% UK manufacture and made to last - on Friday morning mine carried a 50Ib Roe Buck for a mile and half and carries 40Ib+ beasts as the norm...

Regards

Rob
    www.monarchcountryproducts.co.uk for quality stalking & shooting accessories

Got a poppins one suits me fine very tough like Sylvia

Mine had one of the compacting straps break off after its second or third use. I keep meaning to send it back for a replacement and this thread has reminded me