Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New barrel for M03 - where to source ?

New barrel for M03 - where to source ?

I would like to purchase a new barrel for my Mauser M03. Currently it is in 30.06 and I would like to add a 6.5x55 barrel too. I have the variation in but now can't source the barrel.

Two emails and a voicemail to Open Season have gone unanswered and their website is a bit light on details (http://www.openseasonltd.co.uk/). I'm not sure if they are the sole importer.

Does anyone know of another source ? Also any ideas on price ? I had in mind about 500 but that was from an old review in Sporting Gun so things may have changed (for better or, more likely, worse).

Many thanks all,

Mauser M03.

Try Ian Mulliner of 'Mulliner Guns Wimborne'
    I'm sorry I can't help with his contact No as he has moved premises since I last bought from him.

Swillington Shooting Supplies. Speak to Chris

Thanks v much. Swillingtons have sorted me out.

Can't speak more highly of Swillingtons and Chris in particular, they were extremely knowledgeable and helpful. I would recommend them to anyone on the forum who is interested in Mauser products (they also cover Blaser if that floats your boat).

A word of caution though; Chris may just be the best salesman in the world. Having 'phoned up about a new barrel (for which he quoted me a competitive price), I ended up ordering a whole new M03 Extreme with PH stock, mounts, Mauser motorcase, PH sling and Swarovski Z6 !!

Mauser M03

For the avoidance of doubt, I am sure Ian Mulliner is great too, I just had already spoken to Swillington before I saw the recommendation from EMcC so did not call him.

Mauser M03

Ian Mulliner also deals with both Mauser and Blaser.
    I settled for the Blaser with barrels in 30-06 and .243, the spare barrel was a very good price too !!

And Rupert is the same sole importer of Mauser & Blaser.

But guys, why would you expect a non retailer to deal with you? They only deal B2B.

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by MauserM03 View Post
    Can't speak more highly of Swillingtons and Chris in particular, they were extremely knowledgeable and helpful. I would recommend them to anyone on the forum who is interested in Mauser products (they also cover Blaser if that floats your boat).

A word of caution though; Chris may just be the best salesman in the world. Having 'phoned up about a new barrel (for which he quoted me a competitive price), I ended up ordering a whole new M03 Extreme with PH stock, mounts, Mauser motorcase, PH sling and Swarovski Z6 !!

Mauser M03
    I first spoke to Chris when I was in the market for a Mauser M03... walked out with a Blaser R8 plus rail mount Swaro Z6i.. can't say I regret it mind. Customer service at Swillington is what it should be everywhere and he will not knowingly be beaten on price!

Will be talking to him soon about a .300 win mag barrel for the Blaser.

smullery - Open Season's website doesn't make it at all clear that they don't deal direct with the end consumer. Perhaps it should !

Mauser M03