Thread: Procedure for a1 to 1 variation

Procedure for a1 to 1 variation

I wish to change a WMR + mod for a 223 + mod. whats the procedure do i have to sell the WMR then put the forms in, or do i put the form in first.

thanks

bornfree

Bornfree,

Put form in first. Even if you do sell first you are OK. You can then only acquire after the variation is through. If through the same RFD then no problem.

You only clog up the system by selling "officially" whilst the variation s going through.

Stan

You can't apply for a 1 for 1 variation if you still own the rifle you are exchanging! It is usual to send the notification paperwork and a completed 101 variation at the same time.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    You can't apply for a 1 for 1 variation if you still own the rifle you are exchanging! It is usual to send the notification paperwork and a completed 101 variation at the same time.
    +1 with Apache

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    For obvious reasons, like needing the rifle whilst the police take an age to process the variation, I have always kept the rifle I wish to change.

I simply complete form 101 and send it in with a covering letter telling them that I wish to continue to use that particular caliber whilst the paperwork is processed and would they please issue the necessary.
    My lot then, in due course, return my fac with the new authority to acquire together with my "old" rifle on a section 7 permit.
    Doing it this way enables me to continue to use my "old" rifle till my variation comes through. I can then buy and use the new rifle and get rid of the old one in during the life of the S7 permit.

I have done this for years and in fact have a variation in at the moment following this process.