Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Attitude

Bad Attitude

Called in at North west Gun Centre Halliwell Rd Bolton for some bits. Not a shop I normally go into but was in the area and thought i would check them out. When in there noticed they did Swarovski gear and told the guy that i have a z6i scope but having problems with the battery life. He asked if I bought from them and told him no the dealer was in Yorkshire some 70 miles from where i live (NW Gun Centre is about 15 miles from where i live) He told me to take it back to the dealer or send to Swarovski. I asked if he had details for the address of the swarovski uk to send it to and he told me 'to look on the internet'. Not very helpful!!!!!!!!!
    Looked on the Swarovski site and not easy to find the UK address for the return of kit. Spoke to the dealer i bought from (York Guns) later in the day and they gave me the address no problem and were more than helpful, told me to send it Royal Mail Special Delivery as this would have insurance cover if the scope went missing in transit.

DONT THINK I WILL BE USING NW GUN ROOMS IN A HURRY AGAIN

It just took me around 10 seconds to find a UK dealer list on the Swarovski optik site .

So basically you were asking a dealer that you didn't buy the scope from to do it for you? .

The information he gave you was entirely correct.

Did you actually buy anything else whilst you were in the shop?

Sounds fair enough to me. Your 30 year warranty is with the company and not the dealer (especially if you didn't actually buy it there!). If you go onto the site here:
    http://www.swarovskioptik.com/en/products/rifle-scopes
    Go into the service section and register your product (even if you got it secondhand!) you will be entitled to the remainder of the warranty.
    All contact details are available on their site and their customer support is outstanding.
    I'm not sure the shop deserves a 'Bad attitude' reputation in this instance - although there could be an atitude issue involved here somewhere.
    MS

Is politeness a forbidden skill nowadays?
    I suggest the salesman was doing nothing else at the time except standing around in the shop doing nothing constructive.
    But he could have built up some brownie points at no cost to him with a potential new customer, thats how the gun shop business runs (customers buy one capital item "ie firearm or scope" generally every 5-ish years and otherwise they just buy smallish crap or ammo which is the gun shops bread and butter business. Now of course they are all into internet trading too.
    Martin

I can't believe what we let companies in this country get away with, if the guy at North West gun centre had been helpfull moonstone would have said thank you and gone back and bought other things but because of the gunshops bad attitude ( it would of only taken 2 mins to sort the problem ) they now have an unhappy man that will go elsewhere.
    What has happened to costomer service in this country, it would not happen anywhere else in the world (exept probably France )
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

I see the shop where you bought it gave you exactly the same advice about returning it to Swarovski:
    http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...fe-of-Swari-6i
    Why didn't you do it through them? Surely their attitude is more questionable as it was them that took your money? Why not name and shame them whilst you are at it?
    MS

Points taken. however when you visit an empty shop for the first time,( i didnt go with the intention of sorting out the scope problem,) if the guy was a little more helpfull (given that they had a glass cabinet full of swarovski gear next to the counter) about the problem, it might be something he had experienced before, then I might of walked away feeling that they had gone the extra bit to look after a potential customer. I am sure that we all go into gun shops have a browse and a bit a natter? Or maybe that just what i do. If I buy a car fom one garage and take it to another then I would still expect some level of customer service. Surely a quality producer would like to feel that ALL their dealers help customers who buy kit regardless of where it was purchased. For the record when i bought the scope the shop in question was under different ownwership and didnt do swarovski gear. Most shops these days rely upon word of mouth for generating recomendations???

I bought a rifle from McLeods a couple of years ago. i had spoken to Gregor several times on the phone but never met him.
    The card Machine they had was new and playing up. After several unsuccessful tries Gregor told me to take the rifle away and when I get home to send him a cheque......
    Eventually they managed to get the payment sorted using my wifes card.
    Now I had never met Gregor before but he trusted me to pay at a later date.
    Now thats what I call customer service and thats why Gregor is so respected in this field
    Alan

Moonstone

Given that shooting is a small world, I think it's harsh for you to post negatively about a shop simply because the bloke didn't write down an address for you. Fair enough, you believe he didn't try as hard as you'd have liked to welcome you and for that reason you probably won't shop there again. However, is that sufficient grounds to post a bad review on a forum that is likely to be read by thousands of his existing and potential customers ? - I doubt it.

I suspect you'll find there are plenty of shooters in the Bolton area who are very pleased with the service they receive. If they weren't there wouldn't be a shop for you to criticise.

Cheers,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    I bought a rifle from McLeods a couple of years ago. i had spoken to Gregor several times on the phone but never met him.
    The card Machine they had was new and playing up. After several unsuccessful tries Gregor told me to take the rifle away and when I get home to send him a cheque......
    Eventually they managed to get the payment sorted using my wifes card.
    Now I had never met Gregor before but he trusted me to pay at a later date.
    Now thats what I call customer service and thats why Gregor is so respected in this field
    Alan
    Ok,
    So it is not as if he cannot find you if you did a runner as the FAC had all your details, but it reflects the trust feeling I felt on being issued my first FAC in 1979 that it indicated that I was a straight up guy with no previous form etc and I am glad to hear that Mcleods treated you that way. I will visit them on my next trip to the hill.
    Martin