Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a Heads up on the best pullover I have ever used

Just a Heads up on the best pullover I have ever used

There are more than 10x available but only in size M (not for me) but then I already have one.
    They are absolutly the dogs danglys while out on a cold high seat, I have never been cold in my torso since using it and they are very comfortable to wear too.
    This about what I paid in 2005.
    http://www.ebay.de/itm/osterr-Bundes...item2c611b5600
    Regards
    Martin

Look good just need a translator as don't understand German

They're available over here from Mil Surp outlets and on Ebay - try a search under 'Austrian Army Pullover/Jumper'.

Very good quality but the sizes do come up smallish and larger ones seem to be a bit scarce - unless you want to shell out a fair few quid on a new one!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUSTRIAN-A...item84ba2e2d85

Orion. Thanks for the info will see what is out there
    Moonstone

I have just bought a brand new one from the Austrian Army Surplus store and fantastic it is too.
    Patches on the shoulders and elbows and the wool is really thick and a tight knit too.
    The only trouble is it is far too small. I bought their largest, a 111 which was supposed to be equivilant to a 48" chest but I reckon it is nearer a 42" !! I managed to get it on but it was tighter than my wife's basque !!! so it is going back in the next few days.
    I sourced mine from the Austrian supplier at a very good price compared to the UK supplier but it isn't worth it if it doesn't fit !!!!
    Last edited by EMcC; 13-08-2012 at 23:05.

Established Poster
    I ordered the one in the original post as well, collect from the PO today. I'm pleased to hear they are titchy as it's a 48" and I'm more like a 40"!

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    I have just bought a brand new one from the Austrian Army Surplus store and fantastic it is too.
    Patches on the shoulders and elbows and the wool is really thick and a tight knit too.
    The only trouble is it is far too small. I bought their largest, a 111 which was supposed to be equivilant to a 48" chest but I reckon it is nearer a 42" !! I managed to get it on but it was tighter than my wife's basque !!! so it is going back in the next few days.
    I sourced mine from the Austrian supplier at a very good price compared to the UK supplier but it isn't worth it if it doesn't fit !!!!
    Want to sell it rather than send it back? I reckon it might fit me, and as it happens I'll be passing through your part of the world this weekend. PM me if interested.

Established Poster
    Yep, picked mine up and would agree its more like a 42" chest but a 32" waist! Bit odd but I presume it's to stop it riding up your back and keep you nice and snug.

I'm really impressed with the quality, it's quite itchy but I couldn't believe the weight of it, 1.3kg! Just need some cold weather now, roll on February pigeon shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post
    Want to sell it rather than send it back? I reckon it might fit me, and as it happens I'll be passing through your part of the world this weekend. PM me if interested.
    I have seven days to notify them of my intention to return it but so far they haven't acknowledged my e mail telling them of my intentions.
    So if you are passing near me at the week-end give me a bell and I'll let you see it before you decide.
    Do you know Amesbury ? it's just off the a303 not far from Stonehenge.

Ever wonder why they built Stonehenge so close to the A303? Must have made it noisy for Druid worship.
    Better barbarity than boredom