Team GB wins Gold

Just heard fantastic, wins in shooting can only help to raise the sport and hopefully conter the propaganda churned out by the likes of LACS. RSPB and antis.
Plus all the other medals today in the rowing and canoeing. Will pick up more in the Judo. fantastic Go GB

Yes it was on main channel, boy done well,thought he was going to blow it when he missed a double but held his nerve well done.

Congratulations to Peter Wilson, a great result for him and shooting.

I wasn't sure that I would be able to watch it, but managed to get the rest of the office to watch it rather than the canoeing and they were riveted by the end :thumb:

I listened to it on 5 Live in the car. The BBC were getting well into it. They interviewed his family, Mrs etc. afterwards.

Very well done to the fella.

They were meant to show the heats at 9.00am this morning but I couldn't find it.
Very glad they showed the final though, these guys are fantastic, very well done to Peter Wilson.

well done peter wilson. did team GB mension that the lad had his funding withdrawn no it did not this shooter had to get help from an arab shooter but as the norm the uk will bask in the glory of the win. as the norm in the uk all types of shooting sports are not PC until there is a bit of glory to be had.

well done peter wilson. did team GB mension that the lad had his funding withdrawn no it did not this shooter had to get help from an arab shooter but as the norm the uk will bask in the glory of the win. as the norm in the uk all types of shooting sports are not PC until there is a bit of glory to be had.

In fairness the beeb did say about his trainer etc

Gents

Brilliant let’s all applaud Peter and hope when that when the next honours list comes out he gets treated as well as the other athletes.
But remember the legacy, the range will be dismantled after the games, one of the most short sighted and vindictive acts of LOCOG, shame on them.
I have posted a comment on the Telegraph, can we all try and contact the media on this topic, hopefully our shooting organisations will take a lead,, but alas to date I haven’t seen anything.

But don’t post on here, use you time contacting the organisations and the media.

Just watched Peters interview this morning on BBC, well deserved medal and a true ambassador for the sport.
Very well done, maybe the powers that be will reconsider funding in the future!!

Back