Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: other wildlife

other wildlife

Can anyone tell me what on the terms and conditions the wording.( The shooting of deer, vermim .the lawfull shooting of deer,the shooting of vermin or,in conection with the management of any estate,other wild life). it also says (shall be used for shooting vermin and ground game/fox/deer and zeroing

What is classed as OTHER WILDLIFE. does this mean all other legal animals that are in season big cats, wild boar, rats,ferral cats is there some where you can look this up. This was on a friends ticket and he would like to know what he can and cannot shoot because its not clear. woodfordfallow

He can shoot the quarry that his rifle is conditioned to shoot.

Unless you quote the conditions verbatim it's difficult to comment 100% but the 'other wildlife' you are asking about almost certainly forms part of the general 'expanding ammo' condition, (it's rarely also applied to the firearm), and covers possession and the various possible uses it might be used for.

Do a forum search on expanding ammo or similar and you'll find it's been discussed previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    He can shoot the quarry that his rifle is conditioned to shoot.

Unless you quote the conditions verbatim it's difficult to comment 100% but the 'other wildlife' you are asking about almost certainly forms part of the general 'expanding ammo' condition, (it's rarely also applied to the firearm), and covers possession and the various possible uses it might be used for.

Do a forum search on expanding ammo or similar and you'll find it's been discussed previously.
    Thanks for your quick responce. He called middelmoor and asked if he could shoot a wild boar with his 30.06, They said if its not on your ticket then you have to apply for it and supply permission from the land owner.I would have thought that wild boar would be coved by (other wildlife) cheers

Quote Originally Posted by woodfordfallow View Post
    Thanks for your quick responce. He called middelmoor and asked if he could shoot a wild boar with his 30.06, They said if its not on your ticket then you have to apply for it and supply permission from the land owner.I would have thought that wild boar would be coved by (other wildlife) cheers
    It shouldn't be a problem, my 30-06 has boar written on the FAC.
    Cheers
    Richard

Mine says the same and i shoot whatever i want to shoot with my rifles has anyone being prosecuted ! Other wildlife to me means what ever i like in season if it doesn't they shouldn't put it on your fac

'Other' is an untested word in terms of the conditions of any FAC. I would say that while the word implies 'any' other (all animals) by its use it is more likely to be intended as 'other' being generally native or naturalised species and not exotics that would fall into categories such as Dangerous Wild Animals.

I would 100% make sure that if it's a grey area then get your FLO to clarify and have a letter of confirmation as a backup.

As Orion has said, the passage that includes "other wildlife" is the standard all encompassing expanding ammo condition and as such only applies to expanding ammo.

What you are permitted to shoot with your rifle is listed in the condition appertaining to your rifle and knowing D & C will be something along the lines of " shall be used for shooting vermin and ground game/fox/deer and zeroing on ranges or land".

D&C insist that wild boar are listed as a specific quarry species.

The condition that would be applied to the rifle would be the "and any other lawful quarry" condition. The "any other wildlife" is almost certainly the standard condition covering use of expanding ammunition. If you can get the exact wording, with what appears under which condition number, then we can give you a better idea.

If the issuing force tried to prosecute this person for shooting Boar it would almost certainly be laughed out of court.The Courts and Magistrates/Judges for that matter rely on wording of contracts which a Cert effectively is,to be exact and certainly NOT open to interpretation! The issuing force should make sure that they make the restrictions on any cert self explanatory,but,as we all know they are anything but!!

He has been told that he cannot shoot wild boar unless its on his FAC,He has to provide permission from the land owner or owner of the shooting rights. He has a lease on the shooting rights so does he have to give himself permission to shoot them. I think they already have a copy of the shooting rights.Or why dont they just put it on anyway.Is he a suitable person to go shooting wild boar mabe book a day to go shooting them as a guest .Does this mean that anyone without them on their FAC should not go as a guest.Wild boar are on the increase this needs to be more plain to see. I'll bet most people would think that they can go shooting all legal Quary.what would you do if you see a big cat eating a sheep can you shoot it . can you shoot a dog killing sheep its not on your FAC woodfordfallow