Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sportsman Gun Centre - Great Service

Sportsman Gun Centre - Great Service

I recently saw the SGC ad for a free pair of Minox binoculars with scopes. As i was thinking of ordering a zeiss duralyt and also could do with some better bins, i found this to be a very good deal.

I recently saw a few comments about SGC which were very negative and this very nearly persuaded me to buy the scope somewhere else and just pass up the offer of the free bins.

I'm so glad i followed my instincts, I ordered the scope on monday this week from Sportsman Gun Centre, and it arrived yesterday in the post (with the free binoculars).
    All present and correct - in tip top condition, in very good time and at a price that i've not seen bettered on the internet (even without taking into account the binoculars).

Fair play to Gary,Andy and the team.

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    No. Got to disagree. Sent this p.m. on 20/7 still no response, let's see if some public humiliation gets some response

I recently made an enquiry re importing a couple of barrels from Lagardere in Switzerland. I understood at the time of speaking to Lagardere that you had an order with them and that it was awaiting swiss customs clearance. I made a hasty enquiry as Lagardere said they could add the barrels to the order. Needless to say I received no correspondance from yourself and when I thought I should chase my enquiry got passed from pillar to post, got very agitated and then gave up. Can you help?
    Here is the link to their website. Showing their stock and prices.
    LAGARDERE - Armurerie , Stand de tir - La Chaux-de-Fonds - cat
    Many thanks Glynn

Quote Originally Posted by teyhan1 View Post
    No. Got to disagree. Sent this p.m. on 20/7 still no response, let's see if some public humiliation gets some response

I recently made an enquiry re importing a couple of barrels from Lagardere in Switzerland. I understood at the time of speaking to Lagardere that you had an order with them and that it was awaiting swiss customs clearance. I made a hasty enquiry as Lagardere said they could add the barrels to the order. Needless to say I received no correspondance from yourself and when I thought I should chase my enquiry got passed from pillar to post, got very agitated and then gave up. Can you help?
    Here is the link to their website. Showing their stock and prices.
    LAGARDERE - Armurerie , Stand de tir - La Chaux-de-Fonds - cat
    Many thanks Glynn
    How is this relevant to someone recieving good service and getting a good deal?
    I dont quite understand your post but Im sure there is more to it than I can see...I read it that you pm'd (emailed?) someone asking them to rush an order through to another company for you for nothing but they didnt. Thats just my understanding.
    I too looked at getting a new scope just because of the free binos but got obe from mmbeatle on here because hr was cheaper and a better option for me, but for sone the binos are a huge bonus.

Glad to see a post giving credit when its due instead of just seeing the negatives all the time.
    Edd

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Quote Originally Posted by eddoakley View Post
    How is this relevant to someone recieving good service and getting a good deal?
    I dont quite understand your post but Im sure there is more to it than I can see...I read it that you pm'd (emailed?) someone asking them to rush an order through to another company for you for nothing but they didnt. Thats just my understanding.
    I too looked at getting a new scope just because of the free binos but got obe from mmbeatle on here because hr was cheaper and a better option for me, but for sone the binos are a huge bonus.

Glad to see a post giving credit when its due instead of just seeing the negatives all the time.
    Edd
    Edd, it's relevance is in the op heading! Great service, no I have not received great service and I have recounted why. Strange that 24hrs after posting this I did. Now do you see its relevance.

Seems like it's not possible to just give a bit of credit where it's deserved anymore. Shame.

well i have to dissagree as well my opinion of sportsman gun centre (newport) couldnt be any lower at the moment after years of buying there and before as litts, they have had my ESTATE rifle a 270 tika for over 4 months now and no sign of it being returned as it needed repair under their warranty, it took over 2mts for the screw cutting in the first place so in 12 mts i'v had the gun for less than 6 so with little tollerance left i enquired about just buying a new one but dispite all this they were only willing to offer me cost(what they paid) for it off another gun, All this dispite the fact that i am also buying 3 brand new rifles from them at the same time and i have taken my boss there for both his rifles my brother for all his guns and thousands of pounds worth of other stuff we get all our shoot ammo from them etc etc, and just last week i took 2 new guns in to be kitted out with clothes ,wellies etc,for the comming season, and would have for their guns when their licences arrived (seems doubtfull now) and then to add insult to injury a close friend who i took there for his gun got convicted for an assault the day after he bought the gun and it has resided with me ever since a BROWNING PRO GOLD HUNTER 3&1/2" cammo auto with chokes it has had less than 25 shells through it and the boys in the shop have known the gun and the circumstances around it but we waited to see if he could get his licence back on appeal but he didnt so it was left to me to sell it for him i asked in sportsman and initally was told about 800 as the gun was like new and they had sold it him for about 1500 so a 50% return in the circumstances didnt seem so bad but when i went there this week to put it in against the 3 new rifles i was buying they said just 450. It appeared they were trying to force my hand as they know im off up to scotland stalking next week and have no estate rifle as they havnt had it fixed in 4 months, so will only have my Blaser as you would expect after that service i have held off buying the three rifles they have there for me as 2 of them aren't even the exact ones i ordered i ordered a SAKO .375 BAVARIAN, and they got me a HUNTER model and i ordered a HOWA 1500 LAMINATE THUMBHOLE IN NUTMEG AND THEY GOT A GREY one for me, the only thing they got right was the browning i ordered.
    WOULD YOU BUY FROM THEM AFTER ALL THIS i think they may have just lost the sale of 4-5 new rifles and at least 3 new shotguns as i intend buying a new BERETTA 12g before the season starts.
    Last edited by CWMMAN3738; 03-08-2012 at 18:50.

Regular Poster
    My partner and i went over to them when we were in dorset, had a lokk then stood at the counter waiting to be seved, the chap was serving someone so we waited untill he comleted his sale and the chap was on his way and turned to be seen to, at this another chap walked in and asked about reloading, i wasnt in a big rush so let it pass, she who must be obeyed was starting to frizzle, when he started to chat with a local she went ape!, result we went and bought my new birthday scope else where!. NOT a good expierience at all, but local guys have to be looked after!.

ATB Barry

PS We wont be going back!

I think as a national company the best money Garry could invest is to send his staff to bass pro for training,there is no doubt the the standard of service in the uk in general is bad, compared to gun shops in the USA , it seems people out there want to help you regardless of how much you spend.

i agree but cant see GARRY spending money on these staff it seems they think that you HAVE to come to them, but that couldnt be further from the truth in this economic climate you would think they would nurture any possible sale, but NO!