Thread: torque settings

torque settings

Hello all. Had a great conversation with Brithunter today, a mine of information and worked out a way to work forward with some reloading problems. So I have started with a complete strip down and clean of my Remington 700 SPS varmint rifle. Can anyone tell me if there are torque settings for the stock bolts and if so what they are. I will then move on to the next phase of the operation.

Thanks in advance.

Mark
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

Not an issue with your present stock (if it is the factory SPS one) as from memory it has no inbuilt pillar bedding or the like
    That said - some people torque in the 55-in/lb to 65 in/lb range - down to a mix of preference & what stock they are using.
    I never torqued for years with my 700 Police & never had an issue...

Heres a link to the wheeler torque wrench instructions, it recommends torque settings for action screws, bases etc

http://media.midwayusa.com/pdf/Instr...structions.pdf
    1. Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. Proverbs 26:4 (King James version)
    2. Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion. Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.