Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting group vs benchrest

Hunting group vs benchrest

Quick one for all out there,

When your zeroing to get group size do you subtract bullet diameter?

Personlly I didn't until people were spouting about mega tight groups.

My view is outside to outside for hunting and subtract your calibre if your BR ing - personally I'm not targeting shooting any more and for me 12mm @ 200m still makes me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post

My view is outside to outside for hunting and subtract your calibre if your BR ing - personally I'm not targeting shooting any more and for me 12mm @ 200m still makes me happy.
    Groups have been measured in many different ways over history to accommodate the particular shooting endeavor. Do what ever warms the cockles of your heart.~Muir

Remember on the internet groups are usually a half an inch, regardless of the distance between bullet holes

It would make most people exceeedingly happy as I have scored many, many hundreds of targets at stalkers shoots and it is a true fact of life that nine out of ten people are incapable of even putting three consecutive shots on to a one inch bullseye at 100 yards.

HWH.

PS.
    I shot the one below at 100 yards last year and was 78 then and partially sighted but I have never done one at 200 yards.
    Last edited by stag1933; 03-08-2012 at 08:32.

Solid base, front rest or bipod, butt bag, warm hands, immovable target, no rain and minimal wind then 1/2" group at 100 yards = good shooting.

Freehand or sticks, cold hands, pissing rain / sleet / snow, gusting wind and a meandering animal - if it is dead = good shooting.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

I thought it was centre of the bullets hole to centre of the next bullet hole,the centre is the middle

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    I thought it was centre of the bullets hole to centre of the next bullet hole,the centre is the middle
    Thats correct but rather then trying to find the centre of each bullet hole it is easier to measure edge to edge and subtract one bullet daimetre.

Ian.

top man ,78 and shooting great.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyefor View Post
    Solid base, front rest or bipod, butt bag, warm hands, immovable target, no rain and minimal wind then 1/2" group at 100 yards = good shooting.

Freehand or sticks, cold hands, pissing rain / sleet / snow, gusting wind and a meandering animal - if it is dead = good shooting.
    True!

Quote Originally Posted by Eyefor View Post

+ 1