Thread: Photo recovery help

Photo recovery help

I picked up one of my trail cameras last night and was happy to find it had over 180 shots, but on trying to download the pictures of the memory card the computer told me that the card needed formatting (I've used it many times before).
    Knowing that it would wipe the card I downloaded a recovery program and proceeded to format which did the obvious and wiped the card, then ran the memory card through the recovery program which loaded up 181 thumb nail photos, the majority looked cracking shots of fallow including a huge buck ive been trying to capture.
    Trouble was I was then caught out as to be able to save the photos there was a fee to be paid, so after some though I did it as I guessed this might happen again, but now I cant view any of the pictures as the computer cant read them.
    I tried a different recovery program which downloaded them again, yet they still cant be viewed.
    Any computer wizz kids out there have any ideas?
    www.yorkshiredeermanagement.co.uk

IF ITS RED ITS DEAD AND IF ITS BROWN ITS DOWN

If you get stuck and cant recover the files let me know and I'll get them back for you (no matter how many times you've formatted the card )
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    If you get stuck and cant recover the files let me know and I'll get them back for you (no matter how many times you've formatted the card )
    Good man! Wish you could do the same with my 60gb iPod!!

If there's data there it can be recovered.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

are you saying that you could see them but not save them? if so the use the print screen button to save the current screen, open Paint and paste the saved picture, you can then dock the unwanted bits, its slow but works and you have to repeat the process for each pic.
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

The wife is an image recovery person with the fuzz (techy) she asks what version of windows have you got ? And what format are the pictures ie jay peg
    regards Norma
    Last edited by norma 308; 03-08-2012 at 17:15.

Many thanks for the PM's of help guys, after another fruitless hour trying I had the bright idea of downloading them back onto the SD card on the camera and bingo, I was able to down load them normally back onto the computer.
    And I hadnt lost a single frame which has amazed me as im no techno genius.
    www.yorkshiredeermanagement.co.uk

IF ITS RED ITS DEAD AND IF ITS BROWN ITS DOWN