SureFire EP3 sonic ear plugs

sparkyal

Hello ,

Just thought i would post a quick review on the ear plugs i just bought from SureFire , I decided to go with ear plugs rather than ear defenders as i found wearing a full set of ear defenders whilst shooting " whether it be on the range or clays" were cumbersome and kept knocking against the rifle/shotgun butt !! that may just be me !! not having the largest of statures and a so called "wee heed" so i ordered a set of SureFire EP3 sonic ear plugs , please see link for review and info http://www.surefire.com/ep3-sonic-defenders.html.

These come in three sizes small medium and large , Very comfortable to wear , easily cleaned and as soon as the shot goes off they seem to block most of the noise , one good point is they allow you to hear normal sounds/ conversations etc... until you pull the trigger !!!
one bad point i found however is wind noise , if your shooing in a light breeze theres constant wind noise in your ear but weighing that up against all the good points they are good value for money and doo the job nicely !!

( although i know they dont provide you with the same amount of protection as full ear defenders , im going to stick with them )

Cheers

Ive been using these for a while now mine are EP4 not the EP3 model, use them for shooting at work and for when im on military aircraft..do the job..i see they now have a cord attached..will have buy some new ones i have string tied to mine...also have one attached to my radio ear piece.

Last edited:
Hello ,

Just thought i would post a quick review on the ear plugs i just bought from SureFire , I decided to go with ear plugs rather than ear defenders as i found wearing a full set of ear defenders whilst shooting " whether it be on the range or clays" were cumbersome and kept knocking against the rifle/shotgun butt !! that may just be me !! not having the largest of statures and a so called "wee heed" so i ordered a set of SureFire EP3 sonic ear plugs , please see link for review and infohttp://www.surefire.com/ep3-sonic-defenders.html.

These come in three sizes small medium and large , Very comfortable to wear , easily cleaned and as soon as the shot goes off they seem to block most of the noise , one good point is they allow you to hear normal sounds/ conversations etc... until you pull the trigger !!!
one bad point i found however is wind noise , if your shooing in a light breeze theres constant wind noise in your ear but weighing that up against all the good points they are good value for money and doo the job nicely !!

( although i know they dont provide you with the same amount of protection as full ear defenders , im going to stick with them )

Cheers

Thanks for this as I have been looking for some "in ear" defenders for a while, which shop did you get yours from as browsing online is either order from the states or buy from some random company I have never heard off!

Thanks

Back